Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was just wanting a tip for taking off the tubro. i have three of the bolts off of the exhaust side and i cannot figure out a way to get the 4th one off that is in between the compressor and the exhaust side of the turbo. any tips?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
hey guys, i was just wanting a tip for taking off the tubro. i have three of the bolts off of the exhaust side and i cannot figure out a way to get the 4th one off that is in between the compressor and the exhaust side of the turbo. any tips?
I guess your talking about the 2 nuts and 2 bolts that are used to clamp both exhaust and turbo flanges together?

I did mine by sticking a wrench on the bolt, then using a large prybar which i wedged it between the wrench and the engine... it made enough leverage to brake it free!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes those bolts. i have it broken free, i guess i just dont have the right tools to turn it b/c the 15mm wrench i have will not turn the bolt any more b/c it hits the turbo... any other tips?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
yes those bolts. i have it broken free, i guess i just dont have the right tools to turn it b/c the 15mm wrench i have will not turn the bolt any more b/c it hits the turbo... any other tips?
I used a short 15mm wrench. Then there are the bolts for the pedital that hold the turbo pedistal down... There also fun to get at.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i just read the write up in the Tech section, thanks again Matt P for the help. I actually have the engine out of the truck so working on it hasnt been too bad. thanks for the help Dallas!!

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
No problem man I was just gonna say that a ratcheting/swivel wrench will be the best. Glad you got it off:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts