Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i saw a guy on here with an pre 08 that had 08 tail lights listed as one of his mods.... basically my question is, can you put 08 tail lights on an 05 without modification? Thank you for your time :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
i think they are interchangable. I would also like to know it a 08 tailgate would fit my 99?

·
Registered
407 Posts
they just look different, the 08 ones say superduty in big indented letters across the bottom

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I'm pretty sure i read on here that someone did the tailgate switch, but they had to change the mounting brackets to the 08 style.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I think you can either change to the 08 style bracket or take the shock off and it will work also... Taillights, and rear bumper are easily interchangeable...

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Yea lights are the same. Shouldnt plug in differently. Ive seen 08 trucks with the recons made for the 2000+ trucks.

For the tailgate....Ive researched it and want one BAAAAD. All you need to do is change the brackets. costs somewhere in the ballpark of $11 for the parts from the dealership is what ive been told. But to get one of the tailgates with the step, your going to have to steal it or get REALLY lucky finding one. Ive hear of them going for $1200.00!!!!!!!
Ive been lookin for about a year now for taillights, tailgate, and mirrors for decent prices.

Last month i found one on craigslist, guy had miswriten the post...what he explained to me as i called him. He laughed and said GOOD LUCK GETTING ONE...."i just got one for a customer [he musta run a buisness] and peiced one together for over a $1000.00"

I already have done the tricky part of 08-ing my truck, the badges(that are OEM and cut in) I just now need to do the rest of the EXPENSIVE part.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so we're leaning towards, YES, the lights will fit?
They actually aren't bad brand new from Ford, $72 bucks a side. I just want to MAKE SURE they fit first.....
and the parts guy @ Ford only told me what they see in their drawings which is the lights fit late 07 and newer.

·
Registered
399 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
The tailgate will fit and the tail lights will fit. The only difference is the reverse light wire. It is a little bigger on the 08 lights but it still hooks up and works. My brother put the tail lights and tailgate on his 06 and it looks sweet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts