Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got wild hair and did the night shades treatment, taped off the clear section for reverse, they turned out looking good but I may take them back off and try and sand with 600 wet or something to shine them up and lighten the tint up a hair in the section that lights up or spray some clear on also

Attachments

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
looks good, really suits your truck :thumb:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, she is prob getting clay barred next free day i have, those dont come often lol

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Where can you get this stuff at? I really want the smoked look for my tails and 3rd. Is there anything more to it than just taping off the clears as you mentioned and spraying?

Looks really good on your truck BTW

·
Registered
736 Posts
i just got some at pep boys. plus how did you do the light clear just tape it off.

·
Registered
736 Posts
hey smoke how many coats is that.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
How much is it a can? Do you just spray the outside cover?
And yes, how many coats?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah im not a great painter so i dont do the coat thing lol I just sprayed over them couple times then started going back and hitting the area that doesnt light up more to darken it up, you will see what im talking bout if you do it, the bulb area i did less than around it and at the bottom, didnt want to get it too dark and be pulled over.
the can was little over 10 dollars and yes i sprayed right on the red of the cover.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i took some 600 and hit a little spot real light and it just scratched it up so thats a no go on making them shine instead of being matte black, guess next step is to find some clear gloss or something and try to hit them with that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts