Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an e99 with 150k on the clock and dp tuner with the usual mods. Was wondering what you guys think of it for an upgrade. It has the stock AB injectors. Riffraff has it for 450 that seems like a good price

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
723 Posts
No need to unless you pump is really weak. I would test it. Unless it reads low I would leave it. Unless you plan on doing injectors

Sent from a Apple

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not tested it. It runs fine I was just wondering since its chipped that an upgraded HPOP might be a benefit

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Depends. Early 99's have 15* hpops. Combined w/ split shots stock, that equals some weak oil pressure. You would def benefit from a t500. An AE scan will tell you hpop health though.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the t500 give more pressure or just volume?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Both.

dfldjf

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would the this pump be a good upgrade with stage 1 single shots

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
your stock 15* will be fine for most stage 1 singles, assuming your hpop is healthy and keeping up with oil demand. But if you insist upon a new hpop then yes it would be perfect.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No just looking at my options. Thanks for the info, you guys have been great. Learned a lot here

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Sounds good keep us posted to your plans/mods.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My stock 15 with 175000 on the clock only puts out around 15-1700 PSI max at WOT... The truck seems like it runs fine but it does get around 11-12 mpg even when I baby it. I have read that the truck might be getting such bad mileage bc the pump is weak. Does this make sense to anyone? or has anyone had this same problem?

Also should I try to swap to a T500 soon or just wait for my stock 15 to get worse?

Sorry to thread jack your post just got me thinking...

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Yes, a weak pump will hurt fuel mileage. Also, you don't even know the power you're being robbed while it only puts out 1700 psi. I had one that put that out and when I went to an adrenalin pump it was like night and day! So, yes upgrade your pump, as I don't know of too may 15* pumps that are actually producing enough to fuel aftermarket injectors, let alone stockers. I'd do it. Be good for future build up.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
If thats all your 15* has, then its done lol. Do a t500 hands down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts