Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide on what exhaust system I should get. Do you guys think the T304 Stainless is worth a couple hundred bucks over the 409? Also are any of guys running the dual system? The duals look sweet but I don't really want to almost double the cost for just looks. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well boys and girls I ended up going with the 4" T304 stainless single outlet from Performance Motorsports Technology. From what I understand T304 SS does not have any iron in it. Therefore it can not rust.

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
Good deal Scotty! Yeah up where you're at the stainless was the only way to go. Is it on your rig yet?

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
Nice - :D
Did you leave your muffler and cat on?

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put the free flowing muffler that came with it on and no cat. It sounds like a turbine engine wile it's ideling and mean as hell at WOT. Even though it has PMT's name on it, it's a silverline system.

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
I wish I could pull my cat off but Houston is pretty strict on emissions. :mad: I left the muffler off of mine but that's as far as I can really go.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have an '03 F-250 7.3. I did not see a cat on mine. Is this a difference between the 2 engines or between the 2 years? Or can I just not see as well as I used to? :confused:

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's the years. I'm not sure if it's the 04 or 05 when they started it but they all have cats on now. On the window sticker it says "California Emissions System NO CHARGE". Like we wanted that crap to begin with! I don't live in CA so I'm not too worried about it till inspection time comes around. I still have the cat so it won't be a big deal to fit it to a pipe and stick it in for a day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts