Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I sure hope someone knows a little about this lockup stuff. Right now my truck will shift fine from 1,2,3 and into OD, but I don't feel the T/C lockup. So, I hookup my programmer and it doesn't show any codes. But it does show my tranny temp gradually going up as I'm on the way home. It reached 240* while I was climbing a hill right before I got to my house. It stayed about 215*-220* for the most part of the 5 mile trip home (typicalyy runs about 190 or so). I feel like it my be some type of a silenoid or relay, but I don't know much about these tranny's. If you have any ideas as to what it may be let me know. For now, I'm gonna let her sit 'till I find out what may be the problem. Because it shifts too good for me to think the whole tranny is going bad. If it's something small and can be fixed without pulling the tranny, I will fix it, change the fluid and filter, and let her ride. But if it's the T/C I guess I'll be on the lookout for a good T/C. Alright tranny guru's let me know what you think. Thanks in advance. Rusty

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have any ideas?:dunno:

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
Wish I could help you. I too have had tranny problems in the past and there just doesn't seem to be as much help here on the org. with tranny problems as there is with others. Ask about a turbo, injector or HPOP and you will get dozens of posts. Tranny help is harder to find.
Try to find a reputable shop, preferably one that does rebuilds for dealers, and get someone to drive it. There is a guy in Greenville, SC that can drive one and tell you exactly what the problem is. I have never known him to be wrong. Good luck with the search for help.

Maybe someone will come along to "prove me wrong" and we all will win!:thumb:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Hank, I May have to load it on a trailer and come to SC, lol. Nah I'm sure someone around here is pretty good with them but I've yet to find them. For now I'm driving my little diesel powered VW Caddy. But I'm gonna need my big truck soon, so I've gotta get the ball rolling. Thanks for the reply, maybe someone who knows will chime in. If not I'll sure post what I do find out for everyone else's future reference.

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
Thanks Hank, I May have to load it on a trailer and come to SC, lol. Nah I'm sure someone around here is pretty good with them but I've yet to find them. For now I'm driving my little diesel powered VW Caddy. But I'm gonna need my big truck soon, so I've gotta get the ball rolling. Thanks for the reply, maybe someone who knows will chime in. If not I'll sure post what I do find out for everyone else's future reference.
Where do you live? Profile indicates Alabama and NC on your post? If NC, check out the new Carolina Powerstroke Association C.P.A. we are just organizing. If you think you can be active (requirement) and you'd like to join, contact our director, Nick (xsracingt) and show interest.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know why my profile said that, but I'm in NC. I'll look into the CPA. By active what do you mean. Meetings, shows, membership dues, etc.? I updated my profile. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
I don't know why my profile said that, but I'm in NC. I'll look into the CPA. By active what do you mean. Meetings, shows, membership dues, etc.? I updated my profile. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
We have our own section here on the org. now. Look towards the bottom of the home page. Lots of info in all the threads we have had going the last few weeks. Logo ideas, etc.

No dues. The by-laws (still working on them) require that at least 50% of the membership be present at an organized function for it to count. Powerstroke.org (mother) requires that we have 4 events per year. Nick is planning a dyno day in the Asheville area in June or so. We are also planning to use the Southern Smoke Show in Winston-Salem in September as one of our organized events.

Contact Nick (xsracinggt). He's in Fletcher, NC. Jonathon (itsaleftlanething) is our assistant director from Asheville. Steve Kran (stevekran) and I (hank) are the historians.

Check it out and get involved! :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke to two different "transmission guy's" today and they both said more than likely it is the solenoid pack in the transmission. I just replaced it about 20-30,000 miles ago but both said thats what it sounds like. So, $200 bucks later and nothing. Still doing the same thing. A little pissed, yes. At myself for acting like a parts changer and not a technician. So now I have two good solenoid packs. Well, crap happens. The saga continues..........................

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I tested the TC lockup by manually grounding it and I could hear and feel it sound like it wanted to lock up but wouldn't. So after researching it I decided to put in a new Billet TC. Pulled out the old and put in new and what do you know a working truck. Thanks for the replies from those who did and maybe this little tidbit will help someone else along the line who has the same problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts