Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use Neo synthetic oil, and change it every 25000, filter every 5000. that is what the recomend and has been working for me

·
Registered
206 Posts
I use synth. oil. I change it about every 4000 miles. Rotella 5w40. I figure if it saves me about 10 gallons of fuel within those 4000 miles, it is paid for. I went from 10.5 to 12 mpg towing my camper after I changed to synth. I get about 20 on the highway going solo in the summer. The truck also starts way easier in the winter on the synthetic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm an amsoil junkie...always have been, I use it for all my fluids except coolant...

Anyway I don't put on enough miles within a year to change it so I just do it once a year.

A good place to start is use oil anaysis, they will recomend how much more milage you can safely get out of oil.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Amsoil here... i would say change filter every 5k and get it tested every 7-10k and see what they say.... if your running a bypass kit you can easily extend the fluid changes..... PM me if you need any info on Amsoil Synthetic

The new eA amsoil filter is Guaranteed for 25,000 miles or one year, 15,000 miles for severe service...should be good to go there! Also Amsoil has a new bypass kit out...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts