Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I'm running an Edge juice w/ Attitude, but i hear so many good things about the SCT stuff that I'd like to make the switch. I've only got one question-can i continue to use the in cab moniter that comes with the edge system? i really like the diagnostic information i get from it, and it seems cost effective compared to a pillar of pods, since ive already got it.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
You may be able to, however I advise against it. Reason being, I would sell the complete package you have currently, and invest in a monitor like the Insight CS or CTS to handle that. Zero chance of anything happening tuning wise.

The monitor is more effective than gauges, and there are other options beside the Insight, check the thread in my Sig for details.

With the ZF6 you don't have the transmission concerns that lead most to the SCT, but you will find better power potential with it as your build continues.

·
Premium Member
22,934 Posts
I know of several people who use the Edge to monitor things and run SCT tunes.:thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dumb question..
Do you unplug the SCT from the port once the tune has been downloaded to the truck? I have a Dashboss and would like to still use it while using some tuning via the SCT, don't want to drop the cash if I can use both. Please understand I am new to the tuning of an engine process with electronics (other than chips)

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Yes you are correct!

Plug in SCT, turn ignition on, download tune unto truck, unplug SCT, start vehicle.

Hope that helps:thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes you are correct!

Plug in SCT, turn ignition on, download tune unto truck, unplug SCT, start vehicle.

Hope that helps:thumb:
Thank you.. that is the process I had expected..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jsalty's post made me wonder further...will I need to change my edge setup before using the sct tunes? How does that work? Or do I just return te edge to stock setting?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
If you are going to use the Edge unit to monitor, you must leave it on the stock setting when you are using an SCT tuner for programming. There are a number of things that can, and will, go wrong from stacking the two.

This is why I recommended selling the Edge Programmer whole, and getting a stand alone monitoring solution.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
i think you can just retune the truck to stock unplug the edge plug in a sct device load the tune of your choice then uplug the sct and plug the edge back in and leave it , just to monitor vitals . i was toying with the idea of doing this with my mini max just bc i own it allready and a used sct is cheap . let u no how it works out

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds good guys thanks a lot. What are custom tunes from innovative or somewhere similar running?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Most of the tunes cost roughly $60-$75 for one tune, and about $100 for there 3 tune combo.

I would recommend the SPD from Chris at Truck Source Diesel. Heard his tunes are great!
Then Eric at Innovative Diesel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts