Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get rid of my H&S Mini maxx that is on my 2014 F250. I am going to go to the EZ Lynk with GDP tunes on it. My question is:

Is it possible to return truck to stock on the Mini Maxx? What all do I need to do to ensure that I don't mess the truck CPU up when I switch?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’d second that. I’m looking for the answer too. I recently purchased a 2014 6.7 full weightloss, intake, 5” exhaust. It’s also come with a SCT GTX tuner and he had a tow and performance from anarchy diesel I was told. When I got the truck he told me he went to change from performance to tow and it didn’t take. The truck just idled, so he had the local shop that did the work put a tune in it that I’m told is an H&S tune. The truck runs great but it’s just like an optimized stock tune and I’ve drove it for weeks and vitals are great. So I purchased an ezlynk with SOTF switch and custom CTT tunes for weightloss coming in this week. My question is I guess, can I just hook up the ezlynk and flash my tunes with the SOTF switch and go on with my truck or should I be worried about throwing it in a limp having an issue with it working or no sweat it’ll work. I kind of got hit with a mess and I’m trying to start over and install new so I know what on it and I can talk to who I got it from. If anyone knows, you help with some stress!

·
Registered
473 Posts
My personal recommendation is to get it flashed back to stock from a dealer or someone with a stock file just for ease of troubleshooting later on. Not required but is a handy piece of diagnostic tool to have if needed.

If I am not mistaken when you put the EZ Lynk on it should take the stock strategy and store it (in your case the tune that is currently on it). At least that is what the SCT's do. Then whenever you go to stock strategy that strategy is your stock one. Someone else maybe able to help more since I'm not entirely sure how the EZ lynk works.

Reactions: MD 6.7

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
To the OP if you personally did the delete yourself with the H&S then yes, just put the truck back to stock, don't start it obviously, and then load the EZ Lynk. It will grab your stock file and load what file you want on there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts