Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to use a swaybar with my dana 60 rsk superduty spring conversion? Does anyone have a part # for an aftermarket manufacturer? Thank You.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I don't have sway bars on my setup. You can tell they ain't there, but the ride is fairly stable.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
No swaybar on mine either. Using the same springs as in my SD and my OBS has noticeably more sway going around turns. Kinda feels like I'm about to roll over sometimes but it is stable. I have no intention of ever installing any because I want the flexibility for when I am off the pavement.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
I have no intention of ever installing any because I want the flexibility for when I am off the pavement.
And thats the biggest thing right there. Keeping a truck working like a truck:thumb:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
That's just because of my intended use for the truck. Eventually my OBS will loose a few feet and gain a bronco body. I can't lift my SD because of my trailer so it will keep both sway bars.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
They sway bar is only for off road flex, mine is currently with out a sway bar, but I will install one kause my f250 is mostly on pavement rarely off road, soon as I get some bolts to mount the plates on my frame

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the swaybar is only for off road flex I would not need one. I'm pretty sure it is for on road body roll. I've had quite a few Jeeps and trucks in my day and none of them had swaybars. I want one on my 1995 because I don't drive it off the road. The only time it sees 4 wheel drive is when there is snow and ice and at an occasional boat launch. Thank You.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Its what I meant removing it gives good offroad flex

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
My truck handles like it is on rails with both sway bars.(mine dont go off road)

I am running the 2.25" PMF rsk, U-code front springs, b-code rear springs, Bilstein shocks and 325/65/18 tires

1 - 9 of 9 Posts