Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question you guys, which sway bar bushings are a better set? i know my bushings on the actual bar are worn out and are causing clunking so time to replace them i already have new links with my lift kit. I've been looking at autozone selection we got duralast with lifetime warranty or energy saving or moog which will last the longest and not make noise? also is grease able better or doesn't it make a difference?sure i can drill and tap my own grease point.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm also curious because mine is clunking bad.

Bump for ya...us

·
Registered
750 Posts
I would say the moog would be a good choice I have used them on other trucks and worked fine..

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
741 Posts
I went with the energy suspension ones just because I was replacing my swaybar end link bushing at the same time and juat bought the whole kit. Otherwise I would have most likely went with whatever was cheapest because they take 5 minutes to replace.
Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
91 Posts
I also used energy suspension and also replaced the track bar bushings as well. They have been on for a few months now and have had no problems.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would you guys say go with grease able or nahh no big deal?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I beleive these are moog.. not sure but these didnt last 3 weeks . I am guessing these were the wrong ones or something.... I do plow snow but geeezzzz only 3 weeks of life?? the plow was'nt even on the entire 3 weeks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
10k on energy suspension non greasable sway and track bar bushings and no problems.

Reactions: 1982atm

·
Registered
418 Posts
I beleive these are moog.. not sure but these didnt last 3 weeks . I am guessing these were the wrong ones or something.... I do plow snow but geeezzzz only 3 weeks of life?? the plow was'nt even on the entire 3 weeks.

Those are the wrong size. Ford has a couple of different sway bar diameters. I put a mic on both my bars before buying the bushings. I have Energy in the front and Moog in the back; approx 50,000mi on them with no wear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts