Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a good sway bar for our trucks, and who sells them? Im in need of one a.s.a.p. im also looking to replace the bushings with energy star was well.

Thanks,
Matt:icon_ford:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I've been told that a aftermarket sway bar will help with the wandering on the road. When I am driving down the road, my truck goes back and forth as if it's a windy day all the time for me. I feel really unsafe, esp. on the freeway. I have asked Ford, they don't know, they think steering gear box issues. I doubt that. If you have any advice other than a sway bar, it would be greatly appreaciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,467 Posts
I looked around for pricing, Summit Racing had them for like $160 as well. Anything under $200 shipped sounds pretty good. I have read several posts about the Helwig line and all have positive reports. The front bar is a definate upgrade and the rear is the same size as stock so there's no real gain. IF you don't have a rear bar then it's a great add-on.

·
Registered
269 Posts
wandering is more likely to be caused by a worn pitman arm, tie rod ends, or ball joints. I'd be looking at those before the sway bar.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm thanks for the info. i curious what to look for when searching for the real problem. If my pitman arm is worn, the tie rod ends are tweaked, or the ball joints shot. How could I determine which is shot. My trucks current mileage is 102k so im sure somethings are worn down.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am going to take my truck to a frame and alignment shop tommarrow to see whats wrong. Im sure it's something worn down. I have over 102k on the truck and never changed any bushing or anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts