Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some pics. of the new bushings

Sorry for the blur. My fast a$$ was bent over and shacking AND I didn't have my readers on.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Does this kit fit 2000, I was told they dont make the swat bar end link bushing replacements , do you have to buy the whole end link?

·
Registered
444 Posts
was it pretty easy to so snoboy?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Snoboy, how did you get the link bushing out?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Dude if that is rust on the bottom of your oil pan, you need to work on that ASAP its very thin metal and you don't want to change the pan!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude if that is rust on the bottom of your oil pan, you need to work on that ASAP its very thin metal and you don't want to change the pan!

Yeah I better get to it. The deiceing crap they now use in washinton is just brutal. They claim it's non corrosive but we can see that's BS.

·
Registered
269 Posts
just out of curiosity, how did you know that your bushings needed to be replaced?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was chasing a front end rattle and I had determined that my ball joints were fine. So I had come down to shocks or sway bar links. I have new shocks ordered as well.

·
Registered
435 Posts
The only hard part is getting the factory bushings out of the links. I put a ton of heat to the link until the factory bushing started to melt then hammered them out with a BFH.
I told you they were tough...

·
Registered
444 Posts
my end links are definately needing replaced bought a new one from ford 93 bucks 4 one. do you have to buy that whole set or can you get just what u need to do the sway bar and two end links???? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I told you they were tough...
GREG! that WAS you that gave me the advice. I just checked my pms. Well at least someone takes your advice. I did just what you told me. Ordered the parts and got hold of a torch and a BFH. Now it's done. A belated thanks to you. I also noticed the same thing you discovered on the lower shock bolts (worn out) so I'll be replacing them (using the size you gave me) when I redo the shocks.
Now how should I deal with the oil pan? Sand paper and Rustoleum?

snoboy

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my end links are definately needing replaced bought a new one from ford 93 bucks 4 one. do you have to buy that whole set or can you get just what u need to do the sway bar and two end links???? thanks for the help.
Go back a few threads Drepka, I gave you a clicky to all the parts you need. You can redo the whole sway bar for $35 bucks and a little of your time.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thanks for the link. been looking for these!!!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
quick question...by looking at the pics it looks like these bushings replace some of the grease boots. Is that so? and if so what type of material is keeping it nice and smooth? Just a neat-0 space age plastic or something?

·
Registered
435 Posts
GREG! that WAS you that gave me the advice.
Now how should I deal with the oil pan? Sand paper and Rustoleum?

snoboy
First off your very welcome, happy to help, as for the oil pan don't get too aggressive with sand paper or wire wheel to clean it up, put some rust converter on it and coat with paint or undercoating spray. I've not had to repair mine, but picked this info up from another thread.

·
Registered
269 Posts
great thread - just ordered some bushings myself :D

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Just a quick install note. If you don't have a torch handy, you can use a drill and drill bit to drill holes all the way around the bushing (drill through the rubber), and they'll usually fall right out.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Just a quick install note. If you don't have a torch handy, you can use a drill and drill bit to drill holes all the way around the bushing (drill through the rubber), and they'll usually fall right out.
Good tip:thumb: Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts