Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
First off. I love the forum and it has helped me learn many things about my PSD. Sorry if not posted in the right topic!

I have a 2000 F250 XLT 7.3 with the good ol' trusty automatic everything 4x4. Well it has crapped out. I have done numerous things from testing relays, fuses, shift selector tests and continuity tests. Turns out i have no power to the plug with the two female conections.

I finally concluded that i just want to swap out the whole tcase and put a manual 4x4 one in.

Few questions i have about it that i couldn't get a positive answer on.

Is it as simple as picking up a tcase off the same year truck. That has an auto tranny. But the manual 4x4?

Are the spline counts the same?

I believe its a simple bolt on, right?

Look forward to hearing your input! Thanks fellow PSD'ers

Ryan.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm interested in this as well. I didn't think an entire t-case was necessary though...just the correct linkage and mounting for it. Plus a little electrical work.

·
Vendor
13,009 Posts
The T-cases are indeed different from certain years. The NP/NV 273 have a few different internals for the ESOTF.

As long as you know your getting one from behind a 7.3 the splines are the same. But one from a 6.0 will work too except for the splines. Bad thing is, to swap the shafts, youll have to pull the whole thing apart to get to the shaft that needs swapped.

On a side note, if you are interested I do carry transfer cases built by one the best in the business and are lifetime warranty, regardless of how much HP you put to them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay perfect! I needed to hear that from someone. Thanks for the offer though man. But i managed to get one from a local junkyard!

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts