Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I have a 2003 F350 and a 2019 F250. They both have 6 3/4 beds, both are crew cabs. The only difference is the 6.0 blew the motor yesterday and the 6.7 got rolled a few months back but is in great condition otherwise (purchased this way as I was going to do an interior swap in the 6.0). How big of a pita would it be to swap my cab/bed etc from the '03 6.0 over to the '19 6.7? I intend on keeping the dash gauges etc from the 6.7 and putting them in the 6.0 cab and already have a kit to allow me to do that as that was the original plan when I bought the rolled 6.7. but the questions are, how long does it take as the 6.0 was my daily until yesterday, do the bed bolts and bolts for the cab line up or will I have to make new mounting points? Any and all advice is welcome especially if you have done something similar or have any general knowledge on this subject as I have done interior swaps and stuff in the past and even engine swaps but this is my first time attempting something like this by switching the cab and bed.

·
Premium Member
10,573 Posts
Seems as fitting the 6.7L to the 6.0L frame would be easier. There could be some frame mounting points that are not the same between the two. Give it a go...nothing to loose but time and effort.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems as fitting the 6.7L to the 6.0L frame would be easier. There could be some frame mounting points that are not the same between the two. Give it a go...nothing to loose but time and effort.
Time is the issue unfortunately. I figured the cab swaps would be faster, and until I get this done I am stuck going into work almost two hours early because I have to catch a ride another reason I'm wanting to just swap cabs is because the frame on the 6.0 has some rust by where the bed mounts as he used to use it as a salt truck. When I first got the truck I replaced the bed and that was when I discovered the frame rust.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The wheelbase on the 2003 is 156". The 2019 is 160". I think the cab is longer. I have both. A 2002 and and 2021. I'm sure none of the mounting would line up.

I would go buy a cheap car to DD until you figure out what your going to do.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
I would personally find a direct fit cab for the 6.7l even if you have to drive with no truck bed on for a while. I guess i've never seen a kit that allows you to run all the 6.7l dash on a 6.0l cluster though either. You would have to make some real custom and very accurate brakets to offset the cab mount differences and then hope the wiring is all the right lengths and not have to cut any more holes in the cab.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would personally find a direct fit cab for the 6.7l even if you have to drive with no truck bed on for a while. I guess i've never seen a kit that allows you to run all the 6.7l dash on a 6.0l cluster though either. You would have to make some real custom and very accurate brakets to offset the cab mount differences and then hope the wiring is all the right lengths and not have to cut any more holes in the cab.
I would but money is tight unfortunately otherwise I would just fix the 6.0. as for cutting holes in the cab I plan on swapping the firewalls so the cables for the 6.7 will run through the 6.0 cab without a problem. As far as the kit it's made by mcnasty and allows you to install the complete dash including mounting points for the clusters. My main concern is the cab mounts and bed mounts themselves.

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
Ah I see. I see their kits advertised all over but have not seen any reviews so was never sure. Im 99% you're going to have to fab some brackets that allow you to have an offset to match the cab and frame body holes but thats going to be some really precision cutting and welding. you'll probably be making something like this if it helps any : Lil B's Custom Fabrication Cab Mount Relocation Kit (Tacoma 2005+)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Frame on 08 and up is wider than 07 back.
All body mounts are different.
Firewall needs to be extensively modified to fit over 7.3.
If you have alot of time patience and skills in welding you can do it.
Don't try it if you are a novice, as it is very time consuming

·
Registered
19 Posts
Frame on 08 and up is wider than 07 back.
All body mounts are different.
Firewall needs to be extensively modified to fit over 7.3.
If you have alot of time patience and skills in welding you can do it.
Don't try it if you are a novice, as it is very time consuming
Frame is the same 99-16. I have an 08 bed and 12 rear bumper on my 2002. Both bolted right on. Also I have seen many 99-10 with 11-16 beds.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Yeah, the frame and body changed in 17, prior to that, almost all the body parts swap right over (from 05 up).

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you live anywhere near the rust-belt you're taking a huge step backwards in longevity. Personally I'd fix the '19 body or try and replace what's jacked up at least.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you live anywhere near the rust-belt you're taking a huge step backwards in longevity. Personally I'd fix the '19 body or try and replace what's jacked up at least.
Yea that definitely isn't an option as I got it cheap because it had been rolled like 4+ times I would ha e better luck buying a replacement cab and bed but I prefer the way my 05 looks over the newer body styles and can get my hands on another 05 bed rather easily.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I'm gonna part this out and just buy another wrecked 6.7 but go with the 2017 model that way it just mounts up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts