Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 F350 7.3 - 97 F350 cab chassis 7.3 - 95 F350 7.3 - 92 F350 5.8
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 97 f350 xl crew cab with a 7.3 it’s completely rotted out to the point that the cab mounts and rockers are non existent. I just picked up a 97 xlt crew cab that I am going to swap it with but the cab came off a truck that had a big block 460. So ive got a few concerns with the swap I know the pcm and the cluster are different but will the cab harness on a 460 work with a 7.3? For example if I plug in the 7.3 cluster will it function right? I am also worried about the XL to XLT aspects like will I have problems with the power-windows and locks or cruse control. If any one can give me a heads up with what I need to change and look out for id appreciate it thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Short of swapping everything you can find, you really need a 97 EVTM (Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual) to figure it out. I'll say you really need one anyway (IMO). It's broken down by system, so it's not as simple as posting a couple of diagrams (otherwise I'd attempt it). Cheers!

·
Registered
97 F350 7.3 - 97 F350 cab chassis 7.3 - 95 F350 7.3 - 92 F350 5.8
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Short of swapping everything you can find, you really need a 97 EVTM (Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual) to figure it out. I'll say you really need one anyway (IMO). It's broken down by system, so it's not as simple as posting a couple of diagrams (otherwise I'd attempt it). Cheers!
I already have one bought it a while ago

Attachments

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Excellent! You'll probably need it. It's really time consuming to go through (just for an example) say, the pinout for C202 (big firewall passthrough connector) and see what the differences are between gas and diesel trucks for everything on that connector. Cheers!

Reactions: THE TOILET SNAKE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts