Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need someones advice.i got early 1999 f550 7.3 is super slow lots of exhaust up&down turbo pipes leaking.my question is should i get new pipes and stuff or seals for the pipesall or can i take turbo/pedestal up and down pipes etc out of2000 f350 7.3 and put all that in early 99 55o.what do you think. thank u very much.or if any other advice.

· Premium Member
101 Posts
everything is pretty much the same from early 99 to mid 03 when they switched to the 6.0 p.o.s. you may have to swap the pedestal with it, but a simple comparison should tell you for sure. If the leaks are an issue there are a few places that offer bellowed up pipes (riser pipes) that eliminate the slip (faulty) joint that is currently on the truck. There were only minor changes from the early 99 to the later models and mostly were suspension and interior changes.

· Registered
314 Posts
well let me know how it goes, should be a perfect swap in, take the manifold, turbo, hpop (as that would be a upgrade also), i have early also and have been contemplating doing that as well as the injectors from a 2000-03, then would have the hotter engine. but budget for all that when she is running fine now is not in the bank.

· Premium Member
101 Posts
well let me know how it goes, should be a perfect swap in, take the manifold, turbo, hpop (as that would be a upgrade also), i have early also and have been contemplating doing that as well as the injectors from a 2000-03, then would have the hotter engine. but budget for all that when she is running fine now is not in the bank.
keep in mind that the early 99 had AB injectors and if you change to the AD or AE injectors you also need to change the ICM or IDM. :D

· Registered
314 Posts
some of the obs guys are for upgrade of injectors going with i believe stage 1, how about that in the early 99?

· Premium Member
101 Posts
I have seen a lot of good results from those that have installed stage 1's, just make sure you do your research to make sure you get them from a good company that is performance proven. Also keep in mind that the health of your engine will play a role in whether or not it can handle the extra oomph.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.