Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to be ordering my new ficm from them this week. im thinking of going with the 58 volt and the mild performance tune. whats everyones take on the 58 volt compaired to the 48 volt one? any codes thrown? if so what are they? im getting pretty excited finally doing a performance upgrade. thanks david

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
i went from a 48v to a 58v (not flashed) and noticed better cold starts. A little more pep. But i do get the P0611 code for ficm performance.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i went from a 48v to a 58v (not flashed) and noticed better cold starts. A little more pep. But i do get the P0611 code for ficm performance.

I went ahead and got the 58 with no tune and have had better starts and more pep as-well, but Ive never popped a code.

SO out of curiosity what does p0611 mean/cause

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks that is what i was looking for. 58v tunned being ordered tomorrow after work :woot:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got my order in today with swamps. now i play the waiting game.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the 58V from Swamps, works good, better cold starts and pep as stated above.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I went ahead and got the 58 with no tune and have had better starts and more pep as-well, but Ive never popped a code.

SO out of curiosity what does p0611 mean/cause
I THINK 58v is higher then what your truck thinks it should be so it sets the code. I called swamps about it when i first got it and they said its nothing to worry about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts