Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bough the 58v FICM from Swamps. Excited as hell. Curious to see how it will work in conjunction with the SCT and the SRL from Matt. Hopefully I get more noticeable gains. Anyone else running it with there SCT? What do you have to say for it?

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nothing??????

Also I wanted to try and find out from you guys if there was anything special I needed to do in order to swap the FICM. It looks pretty straight forward but wasn't sure if any programming with the SCT needed done after the install.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
FICM swap out is straight forward, unbolt degas bottle and move to the side, carefully unclip FICM harness and remove connectors, unbolt ficm and remove. Reinstall and your good to go.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent. Thank you.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Matts SRL and the Swamps 58V work awesome together, fast starts runs very smooth throttle response is a megaTON better than stock, noticable gain in fuel mileage. Very little smoke on full throttle pulls. I like it!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Let us know how it goes!

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't really care that much but it would be nice to gain some mpg's. I am down to 10.5 with winter blend crap and warm up idle times being longer. Oh well hp is way funner than mpg's.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have one with a PHP tune on it with heavy inductive heating. It provides great cold starts when I do not have access to a plug in for the block heater, had a few -25C starts nice and smooth (running 0w-30 oil). Throttle response was much better than stock from what I can remember, I gained 1mpg from it. The power gain was much more noticeable running stock ecm but still some gain when tuned with IDP street and x-street.

If I had the choice to do it again, I most definitely would have!

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have one with a PHP tune on it with heavy inductive heating. It provides great cold starts when I do not have access to a plug in for the block heater, had a few -25C starts nice and smooth (running 0w-30 oil). Throttle response was much better than stock from what I can remember, I gained 1mpg from it. The power gain was much more noticeable running stock ecm but still some gain when tuned with IDP street and x-street.

If I had the choice to do it again, I most definitely would have!
I got the PHP tune on mine as well. Do you know if they all come with inductive heating?

Just got it yesterday. Going to install it today. Im excited.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ignore the stupid question about inductive heating.

Got it installed yesterday. Fired up just like normal but it was in a 50 degreee shop. Did a little bit of driving around. Seems like it has a little better throttle response however I a not sure if I am just looking to hard for improvements. Overall I didn't notice anything different. But mine was 6 months old and working great. I need to spend some more time with it though. Today it will get its first cold start. I will also have some more time to run around in it and see how she does.

I read I would get around 30 more hp and increased throttle response as well as better cold starts and smoother running. Is that accurate? Any other gains?

·
Registered
723 Posts
I got the PHP tune on mine as well. Do you know if they all come with inductive heating?

Just got it yesterday. Going to install it today. Im excited.

Only if you ask for it.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After a couple of days of use here is my thoughts - in case anyone is interested.

If you have a tuned truck and a functioning FICM don't waste your money. Wait until the current FICM goes out and replace it with a Swamps. My truck fires up cold exactly like it did with the stock FICM. It seems to run a exactly as it did on the stock FICM. I did gain some throttle response however not enough to justify $600.00 IMO. I do believe this is a better built FICM and will last me the life of the truck which the stock one won't. (already on my second one) I do believe Swamps puts out a good product. I just think I was hoping for more than I got. Maybe I will gain some MPG's now that I am down to 10. Take it for what it is worth.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I love mine!

·
Registered
3 Posts
If your looking for MPG's I would look into an injector upgrade, I noticed low 20's after stage1 injector upgrade and Insanity tune from elite,

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
If your looking for MPG's I would look into an injector upgrade, I noticed low 20's after stage1 injector upgrade and Insanity tune from elite,
good to hear! turbo?

·
Registered
663 Posts
my ficm crapped out on me today 25volts. So i oredered the swamps 58v and php program, im hoping itll run good but im skepticle. ive read how great things are before then was disappointed maybe im to picky lol I have the srl tune as well. im hoping for more power from the 58v

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I was to critical and had my expectations too high. It is a good product that does enhance the truck. Just not as much as I thought. It runs great and has a little more pep in its step. It also seems like the engine is louder. Like I can hear the mechanical function of the engine louder. Duno. Anyway, you will be happy. Its definitely better than a new stocker.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Any word on the mpg? Did you get the php programming?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts