Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
58 volts ficm refurbish is the biggest waste of 550 dollars i ever spent

truck stalls and now they wont fix it and told me that my problem is magical and there are no problems with the ficm.

truck stalls once every time running from cold. or simply hiccups while accelerating. has been doing it for months while ive been hunting down the problem they cant reproduce it on the bench so it doesnt exist i guess

i switched ficm out and truck ran great on spare ficm for 3 weeks. the first time i put 58v ficm in the truck stalls test driving. and the next day also. took it out sent it back to swamps and have been running two weeks now on spare ficm with no problems.

the PW drops to zero when the truck stalls like the ficm is shorting or resetting.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Huh, those harnesses are known to go bad sometimes. Hard to diagnose, not sure why they would give you the runaround?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i emailed the owner and they are trying again on a cold truck next week and might be sending me a different one. hopefully no one ends up with mine:confused:

harness are known to go bad on the later 04s but still i checked eveything many times. visual and the wiggle test while idling. only thing to fix it was replacing the ficm.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Check the wiring bundles for wearing also besides checking the connectors.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am having some ficm problems and unsure where the best place is to get it repaired. Anyone have some tips? What upgrades are the best? Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts