Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 f350 subercab 6' bed. is there any way i can soften up the ride in this truck. I am well aware that it is a strait front axle vehicle, and that it is still a truck that will never ride like an independent suspension vehicle. It doesn't help living in Massachusetts either. The roads are terrible. It only has 25000 miles and rides like compete crap. ball joints and everything seem fine. Also, do the crew cabs ride any differently than the supercabs? You tend to notice these tidious things when you do 200 miles a day. any input on aftermarket parts would be a help. thanks

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Better shocks will help..Bilsteins or Icon's. Check your tire air pressure. If you have stock tires going to bigger aftermarket tires will also help but you could loose capacity as far as wt carrying . Installing new coils and rear springs will soften the ride but$$$. Check that your rear overload spring isn't touching the frame stop.

Cary

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i always mess with tire pressure, it helps a bit. i will look into the bilsteins or icons. thanks a lot. i will spend what it takes to get comfort.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Just get you a Icon 2.5 inch kit. It comes with new coil springs for the front and shocks for the front and back. I rode in a truck with this kit the other day and WOW! It rides great man! Just something to think about. I think the kit is in the 7 to 800 range.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Just get you a Icon 2.5 inch kit. It comes with new coil springs for the front and shocks for the front and back. I rode in a truck with this kit the other day and WOW! It rides great man! Just something to think about. I think the kit is in the 7 to 800 range.
Bilstein makes a great leveling kit also. Thats what I run and it rides way better than stock or spacers. I paid around $500 for mine and it includes new coils and front shocks. The Icon kit is pretty much the same thing except the coils are black and the shocks are labeled ICON. Pretty much the breakdown is $800 for the ICON or $500 for the bilstein which is the same kit but different colors. Bilstein It's down the page a little.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
If you live in a salty enviroment ,...the last thing I would recommend is Bilsteins... their coating suck,...and will corrode/pit/rust in a matter of months.

The road salt destroys Bilsteins coating, if you decide to get them....please do me a favor, and come back to this thread in about 2 months with your opinion of them.

Here are a bunch of different people commenting on Bilsteins...you be the judge

Love my bilsteins. The only complaint I have about them is keeping them looking good. I made the mistake of not clearing them and the other day after our first snow fall the salt did a job on them. I wash the truck and tried polishing them quick to see If I could get them clean up and by the looks of it, its going to take alot of elbow grease
i was going to buy those when i originally put my lift on, but money ran short... anyways, keep in mind those are painted silver, not bare like other bilsteins. saw some on a lifted yukon last spring that looked like crap; in the corners where the resi is mounted they were pretty badly rusted.. road salt sucks.
These useless bilsteins are just too much upkeep for me, and ive decided to just go a completely different route.
Man, after seeing my buddy's shocks....I'm sure glad I didn't get Bilsteins. With all of the rain we get up here and the truck being my daily driver, I'd be cleaning them all of the time.
I bought these shocks about 6 months ago, misunderstanding the shock travel with the previous owner; I knew they would work but limit my downtravel, so i just kept it on the road since installing them on my truck.

These shocks were advertised to me as having an aftermarket ceramic coating on them...they looked pretty good when I got them, but progressively went downhill in the rust prone environment that i live in.

I am not the best at keeping my truck clean, and im sure this has accelerated the problem, but in spots the coating is getting surface rust. I honestly have not even tried to polish them...im not a big fan of polishing anything.

I'm not trying to start arguments,..that is not my intentions,...my intentions are to bring ALL the info I can,..to help my fellow Truck Enthusiast friends...I just want anyone that is considering dropping their hard earned money to be WELL informed of the products they plan on purchasing...

And if you still refuse to listen to all the people I quoted........here ya go....6 months old...in a cold, salt water, and road salt environment..

and another persons problems with bilsteins.

EDIT: pics removed

and because he didn't listen when everyone told him not to buy them, and he didn't have the money to buy new ones

he ended up spray painting them..

EDIT: pics removed

Take all this info with a grain of salt,...all I can say is....good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts