Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When towing our 32 horsepower kubota tractor, on our 22ft bumper pull trailer, my truck seems to have trouble supporting the load, the rear end sits way too low for my liking, and I was hoping someone could chime in on my options for correcting this. I have considered airbags, but then I wondered if I should just change out the springs or get an add a leaf. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks- JD

·
Registered
292 Posts
look into firestone air bags. resonable costs, with easy installation. You can adjust them according to weight being towed. cant go wrong!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could add a mini spring pack..will lift the rear 2" and carry the weight better..we have these..

Cary
My truck already sits low in the nose when not towing, if I were to add a mini pack what would my options be as far as leveling my truck out, also would it make for a rougher ride? (feel free to pm me)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one more question, when ordering airbags, there are 2 options, one is only for trucks with a gooseneck hitch, and the other is only for trucks without a gooseneck hitch, I dont have a hitch, but what would happen if I should decide to get a gooseneck in the future

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*****bump up******

·
Climb to Glory!
137 Posts
Get a Weight Distributing Hitch and it will fix that rear end sag and be safer when towing. The Reese Straight-Line hitch is the best for the price.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get a Weight Distributing Hitch and it will fix that rear end sag and be safer when towing. The Reese Straight-Line hitch is the best for the price.
that would be an option if i only pulled one trailer, but we have 3 or 4 different trailers, plus occasionally I pull someone else's trailer. Also when I carry a lot of weight in the bed no hitch can help that

·
Climb to Glory!
137 Posts
that would be an option if i only pulled one trailer, but we have 3 or 4 different trailers, plus occasionally I pull someone else's trailer. Also when I carry a lot of weight in the bed no hitch can help that
Well, you didnt mention that in your original post. You could get just 1 hitch and then get the components for each trailer but that would get super expensive.

Airbags would be your best bet as they will help you level the rear end back out without stiffening up the ride quality.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts