Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had the truck three weeks. '07 CC/SB FX4, 85,000 miles. Noticed that it appeared uneven. Measured and found the distance between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender is one inch shorter on the left side than the right. Rear is fine. Can this be one of several issues or is this indicative of a single issue? Just curious how difficult it's going to be to diagnose and how much it's going to be to fix.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,444 Posts
Visual inspection first then move to physical inspections. Make sure the parts are all there, then inspect for wear. Nice pistol by the way.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Mine is like this as well. Sits approximately one inch lower in the left front than the right front. It also makes the back slightly uneven as well. I haven't figured out exactly what the problem is yet but if I can't find something easily I'll probably just throw a 1" spacer block in the left front.

1,627 Posts
Same issue here no one has given me an answer...I hope someone can answer up

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Just a thought, but could it be caused by slightly more weight on the drivers side... Front diff is on the drivers side along with front drive line and part of transfer case, plus the fuel tank after XX amount of years the drivers side springs begin to sag slightly more than the passenger springs :dunno: Just a thought... I'll check mine tomorrow and see if mines like that too.

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
Just out of curiosity does the truck have a leveling kit?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
947 Posts
When the motor is loaded, it torques that way. . .?????

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just reread my OP and saw I didn't clearly specify it is the front left only. No lift kit and as far as a leveling kit, I don't think so. Just out of curiosity, what does it cost to replace shocks and Springs?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Coil or leaf springs? I have seen this with jeeps, both lifted and stock with coil springs. The spring isolators get wore down and squished and cause the suspension to be un-even. Could be wore out springs too. Putting a spacer will only mask the real issue.

Reactions: william_ace

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'll check and see if my spring isolators are worn out. That's the only thing I can honestly think of. My truck is a salvage title and I was worried that maybe the frame was twisted or something but it seems to be a common issue on the 05-07 Super Duty.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here are comparison pics. It's hard to tell since it appears the springs sit facing the same direction on both sides.

Driver side (lower side)

Passenger side (normal side)

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Ummm.... The coils are not equally spaced on both sides. The drivers side coil is compressed more, but why:dunno:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's what it appears but you're not seeing the same side of the spring in each pic. Of I were able to get a picture of the other side of the passenger side spring, it would look like the shot of the driver side.

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
Mine has an RC 4.5" lift that was installed about 8,000 miles ago, so I know it's not front spring sag. It was like this before the lift as well.
Adjustable trac bar?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Adjustable trac bar?
That wouldn't account for the truck being lower on one side. Just centering the axle under the truck.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.