Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while I was driving home my truck was acting funny. Whenever I let my foot off the pedal, the truck would go down to about 1k Rpm's then it would jump up to about 1600, then it would go back down. Sometimes if I don't push the brake pedal, it will surge more than once. Any ideas?

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
I would say it has something to do with the regen sysetm. But I don't know exactly how that suff works sorry.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Could be a fuel issue as well. You might try to drain the filter and see what's in there.

The latest Ford re-flash addresses some issues like that as well.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
prob. not a fuel filter but it might not hurt

·
Registered
40 Posts
Your truck must be a pretty recent build date, mine does the same thing I have the SCT DPF delete. SCT informed me my truck is all right, and that there releasing a revision in the next few weeks that will cure all these problems!:confused:

I not only have the surging issues, but check engine light (p2452, p2463, p246c, p1000, u0115, u0100, u0101 codes), and reduced engine power!!!! My strategy is: FS0K10TQJF4

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I have the same thing its due to our strategy code. Once they release the new tune revsion for us our CEL and the surging will go away. Don't worry your not the only one with the problem there are a couple of us out there in the same boat.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sounds like you have it figured out.
I have also seen several trucks that have very minor issues that get by the dealer and when they have been chipped the problem becomes great. My friend had to take his truck to the dealer with the chip installed :-( just so they could see it. I dont know if they flagged his vehicle for later reference but they got the problem fixed.
I don't think I would recomend anyone taking their truck to the dealer chipped but if it is your only option

1 - 9 of 9 Posts