Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my tru speed recalibrator. got everything hooked up right. between 0 and 30 mph my speedometer flutters depending on how much throttle and rpm i give it. when it hits 30 it evens out and does not flutter anymore. anyone have any suggestions. i would greatly appericiate it. thank you

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump::bump::bump::bump:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Did you recheck all you're connections? I have had no problems with mine.
Dave

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
I've heard of different problems with the True Speed,....I know a guy, I think he's a member here.....he is an electrical engineer...and designed, and now builds them.

It's called the SPEED WIZARD.....And it's WAYYYYYYYYY better than all the others,...it has some really nice features.

·
Registered
189 Posts
mine was doing the same thing and i was going to take it back to the 4x4 that installed it but i never got around to it and now its fine soo beats me good luck finding out maybe you will get lucky like me i guess. good luck

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it stopped doing it all of the sudden. i got in my truck today and it was fine. thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where do you hook the power up for the recalibrator. i kno it said 12v when key is on and in start position. and my speedometer went from about 13 under to 10 over and i cant get it to turn back any more. ive tried to turn it counter clock wise and not diff. ??? thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
I tapped into the fuse block with the connector they give you on a 99-01 its fuse 29. and you have to play with it alot because the directions on how many spins is not exact. I went from stock which was 31's or so to 38's but instead of 3 turns like it says i went to 4.5 i think but cant remeber. ALWAYS DO THE 15 ROTATIONS COUNTERCLOCKWISE BEFORE YOU CHANGE IT.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
That's the beauty of the SPEED WIZARD...there isn't any "screw driver" adjustments....it's "Digital push button"....and.....you can calibrate it in your driveway,...you don't need to be driving down the road to set it.....unlike the true speed.

151 Posts
That's the beauty of the SPEED WIZARD...there isn't any "screw driver" adjustments....it's "Digital push button"....and.....you can calibrate it in your driveway,...you don't need to be driving down the road to set it.....unlike the true speed.

Where can I get one of these?:dunno:

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I just took mine into Ford and had them do it for $90. They also adjusted shift points as well as the speedometer

·
Registered
3,989 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
i wish i knew of that speed wizard my tru speed it a PITA to make correct.

·
Registered
141 Posts
yeah thats the site for the speed wizard - and beleive it or not shift points are not even controlled by the abs module on most of these trucks, shifting is done via load and rpm. Except the 7.3L engines

but if you tap into the speed signal right after the abs module on the 7.3's then it will do the shift point change.

kenny

1 - 17 of 17 Posts