Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4969 Posts

·
Beach Bum
26,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SuperDuty Tech CHAT

ok so i have sold my obs and just have a sd truck now. I wanted to make a superduty chat thread relating to the SD trucks 99 and up. i didnt know where to put this since the sd trucks has had 4 engines (currently) in this body stye.

so lets get this on the road! :nod::icon_ford:

you non sd owners can post as well. if you got questions, ask. and we will help. and join the fun!!!!!!!!!

·
PMR = JUNK
11,249 Posts
any leads on a new turbo jake?
Not really. I looked on ebay and found some remans for around $700. I'd really like to upgrade though. I know DPP has a GTP38R for $1700 with no core charge. Thing is thats a lot of money. My grandpa said he could help me out but i really don't want to do that. He has already loaned me money that i haven't paid him back for yet.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Every junk yard i've been 2 that has a superduty, everything has been yanked off of it. Seems they do it before they hit the yard :lol:

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
I've only found 1 yard that has them and they are like I said been thru and would be lucky to get something that is needed. I needa dang cup holder!

·
Beach Bum
26,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my cup holder somewhat broke. the pop up claws that hold the drink in...the clip that holds the spring broke so i have to manually raise the claws to put a cup in it. when i lift the cup, they fall back down. now today i noticed that my front axle seals next to the yokes are bad :censored:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Thats not to bad of a fix Jarrod. Sorry to hear you found problems.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Yeah it will but it wont be as bad as you think:thumb: Also bout that cup holder I have the same one. I had to do the same thing your doing. Sooner or later it will break more...

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,740 Posts
Ya mine just broke more the other day. Cup holder is now useless!

·
Beach Bum
26,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah it will but it wont be as bad as you think:thumb: Also bout that cup holder I have the same one. I had to do the same thing your doing. Sooner or later it will break more...
:doh::hehe:

Ya mine just broke more the other day. Cup holder is now useless!
:hehe: also heard your wife offered to sell your truck last night :rofl:

so i went to home depot to get a plug for the hole in the manifold for the obs, on the way back i decided what the hell and went to ford to get a price estimate since i past the ford dealer a lot.

around 5-550 parts and labor to replace "dust covers"

thats 2hrs per side and $50ish dust covers each. need two.

so it can wait awhile.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,740 Posts
:doh::hehe:

:hehe: also heard your wife offered to sell your truck last night :rofl:

so i went to home depot to get a plug for the hole in the manifold for the obs, on the way back i decided what the hell and went to ford to get a price estimate since i past the ford dealer a lot.

around 5-550 parts and labor to replace "dust covers"

thats 2hrs per side and $50ish dust covers each. need two.

so it can wait awhile.
Quit being a puss and just do it yourself.
Have any of yall made your own coolant filter?
I have all the stuff I just havent had time to build it.
I read that you could even get the base at napa
I am pretty sure you can but I dont know if it is something that they keep in stock!

·
Premium Member
13,265 Posts
I have all the stuff I just havent had time to build it.

I am pretty sure you can but I dont know if it is something that they keep in stock!
What all did you buy and where did you get it from?

1 - 20 of 4969 Posts