Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post on ORG for me...

Wanted to know whats the best route to go to swap Superduty axles into my OBS with reverse shackle setup and Superduty springs?

:dunno: Any info will help.

Thanks

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link I read it after I posted this but I probably should have mentioned that I have a set of 99-04 axles and springs sitting in the garage ready to swap if its possible.

After reading a bit it looks like the SD spring plates are wider and it might cause binding. Would like to see if there is a kit that addresses this issue.

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Private message CTPerformance. He knows lots about SD spring and axle conversions, and can probably set you up with what you need and point you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Cary at ct performance will hook you up, has an rsk kit that bolts the SD springs and axles to your truck. Minor modifacation required but rides a lot better I'm told than the obs trucks, welcome to the org btw

·
PMR = JUNK
11,263 Posts
If you want to keep your same springs, SD axles will pretty much bolt right up. You will have to spread the front leaves out a bit to fit the perches of the sd axle, but its only about 1/4 to 1/2 inch on each side, nothing to worry about. We did that to a buddy's OBS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been in contact with Cary since early June and the only reason I have these parts in my garage is because of his great reputation and knowledge on this toptic. My problem is I feel like I'm getting the run around. I can't get a reply, call back or parts list and total price. I have the cash in hand burning a hole I'm my pocket. Believe me when I say I understand that a one man show can get swamped with work and let the replies build up but having to send emails 2 and 3 times to ask what the new eta is just gets tough to deal with.

I can't knock Cary so noone take this as talking **** or badmouthing because he is a good guy, I would just like to move forward on this project and get rid of that damn TTB. Weather it be with CT parts or something else.

BTW thanks for welcome 351fifty!

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
He sent me a parts list like twice now, and stuff required for it all I will try and use my phone to copy and paste it to you.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Pm sent, has prices and everything.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
The only thing it has should be components you need and the parts he sell, think you gotta get your own axles, springs.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The only thing it has should be components you need and the parts he sell, think you gotta get your own axles, springs.
I should have started by saying that I have a 3" RSK, SD springs and a 1989 Dana 60 up front. I am thinking of swapping to SD axles front and rear. If you can PM me that list, too, I'd like to see what is different from what I did with the 1989 Dana 60 versus the SD Dana 50/60 up front.

Thanks.

Rusty

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Gotta look for it, I've gotten a lot of pm's from him on these subjects.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Says you need the rs kit to make the axles and springs work, I've been told other than the bolt pattern the track bar is only difference between them structurally. But you need his rs kit to use SD axles and springs. His name on here is ct performance, inc. Pm that if you don't have the price, I can't find a price in my older listings. Good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have received that same thing a couple times also. I know roughly what it will cost but can't seem to get an invoice to pay off of, or even a reply back if it's in stock. I guess Cary is the answer but I just need to be patient with the process. Im just not used to waiting months to get info and totals from a distributor. Im just surprised it's taking so long

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
You could call him, phone is by far the fastest way to do anything in my opinion, although I know how you feel, I got money burning a hole in my pocket too, and i ask for quotes and want them immediatly so i can get stuff immediatly

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Number on his site is 775-835-3569 Monday-Saturday 8am-5pm give him a ring.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Wow, don't really know then, he sends me a pm anytime I say something about parts in a thread he was discussing in

1 - 20 of 32 Posts