Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm not going to flood this thread with old news. This will be my new thread dedicated to the 03 SuperCrawler. I'll start with a pic from the Stanislaus County Fair in Turlock CA and a pic of the new shock to replace the Knight Stalkers and the sway bar.

They are built by Paul at RaceSource and they are sick. This is one of the first couple he's made. Finally the shocks I should have ordered in the first place. These things are super awesome. Its a Monster Truck shock with a custom body and coils. They weren't cheap but it's the only way to ditch the front sway bar for body roll resistance. Paul went through a lot of trouble to and was very easy to deal with and asked lots of questions and was very helpful with informing me how to get the info he needed. Oh well I can't wait and they ship today or tomorrow so I'll have them on by next weekend and post lots of pics. Oh and they are 20" Travel thats why the reservoirs look so small.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
That rig never ceases to be awesome!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New RaceSource Monster Truck Coilovers

Light and day. I did a short test run with the RaceSource Coilovers at only 225 PSI and seven inches of up travel, but didn't empty and reset the rear (Rusted) Knight Stalkers. So I still was getting a little bit of load on turns but only on full crank open throttle. Could have probably went with about 5% stiffer on the coils but it doesn't lay over on side hills anymore. Oh well no more but puckering body roll like before. Here's some pics. I'm heading to Hollister next weekend to dial it in and run her through. Here are some pics to get ya going.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New VIDEO 10/20/09 Mini Rubicon

Well here is a video of the test run. It is light and day difference. The fronts are now only loaded at 250 PSI, as apposed to the non-coil Knight Stalkers 950 PSI. I'm still getting some roll, but for one its more controlled, and second I still need to empty and reset the rear Knight Stalkers. The KS's are at about 400 and when I articulated it before we left I noticed the rear shocks were still loading up with only 400 PSI. So I think if I run them at about 300 I'll eliminate most of whats left of the roll, since it only does it when I hammer it on hard turns. But the sway bar is gone and control and full articulation is back. Hurray! :D

YouTube - 1st Test Racesource Coilover Shocks House of Diesel SuperCrawler

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New Video 10/30/09

Finally got to put the Racesource Shocks to some good testing, and they are awesome. The wife finished off the passenger side doors to the point they won't close without the old bungee lock, and I finally blew my first Bogger. I knew it was inevitable with as soft as the sidewalls are. I'm considering going back to Michelin XML's now that I have axles that can handle the weight. Oh well here's the vid and a couple pics.

YouTube - SuperCrawler Hollister Blown Bogger

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I think that green Chevy you raced against in the mud pulls is my fiance's uncle. I was down at the truckpulls this year. Your truck looks good.

·
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!!!!!
254 Posts
Yep thats a bad a** rig right there. Nice work. Makes me want to sell my Jeep and get another superduty lol.

·
Now I'm Strokin6.4Liters
2,447 Posts
That is sick.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts