Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta quick question, if you download the stock ecu program back into the truck on a max micro tuner, does that unlock the VIN? Or do you have to take it back to Superchips? Any info would be helpful!! Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
sc reply

If you return the truck back to the factory settings with the SC then the product can be used on another truck within the application.

The tuner can only store 1 VIN at a time.
Ron

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a million guys, you guys rock for getting back to me so quickly.:beer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes it will clear the vin lock i have done it before on a 99 f250 with a superchips microtuner!It works fines you just cant have two trucks with if you dont have one of them stock
I just got one of these in a used 2003 truck that was traded in...I put the stock program back in before sending it to detail...so I should be able to resale this right?

Reason I ask is I've got some telling me it is vin locked to the first vehicle that it was programed to...can't find this on the superchips website. I know on the Hypertech units this did not apply as they could be reused.

This is a 1705 programer with the big head on the front...also does this programer has three settings for power? If so what are they?

Thanks guys!

Ken

·
The Fat Mod
12,507 Posts
Nah, that guy did not know what he was talking about. If you return it to stock and the 1705 dose not say vin locked any longer, you can sell it or put it on any other truck that it would normally work on.

As far as the power settings, I think they are 50 in tow safe, 70 in tow performance and 110 in High Performance. I may be off a little but I am pretty close. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just got one of these in a used 2003 truck that was traded in...I put the stock program back in before sending it to detail...so I should be able to resale this right?

Reason I ask is I've got some telling me it is vin locked to the first vehicle that it was programed to...can't find this on the superchips website. I know on the Hypertech units this did not apply as they could be reused.

This is a 1705 programer with the big head on the front...also does this programer has three settings for power? If so what are they?

Thanks guys!

Ken
Ken,

As far as returning your vehicle to stock and reusing the 1705 programmer on another vehicle goes; Superchips Tuner/Ron has you covered and you're good to go; he would know! His user name and e-mail address are his credentials... :bluewink: ...and I know him personally and can tell you he knows his product!

Matty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks matty and Ron...everyone!

Same fellow has asked me:

"I am also a Ford tech and I personally know a few people that work for Superchips. The reason I need the reciept is, if you send a programmer back to Superchips after the first year or without a reciept it costs $220 to reprogram. You need to update if you ever, update your PCM, which I have....."

What am I missing here guys? PCM replacement? Ford Recalibration/flash?

Why would this not work on his truck...like he says?

Thanks,

Ken

·
The Fat Mod
12,507 Posts
Alot of guys loose their program by leaving it on their PCM when taking it in for service. Ford reflashes there PCM and their Superchips program is gone and their programer is now Vin Locked. If you put a new PCM in, the same would happen, no more program. And with all of those, if you don't have anyway to prove when you bought the 1705, it will be more than $200 to get it working again. I hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alot of guys loose their program by leaving it on their PCM when taking it in for service. Ford reflashes there PCM and their Superchips program is gone and their programer is now Vin Locked. If you put a new PCM in, the same would happen, no more program. And with all of those, if you don't have anyway to prove when you bought the 1705, it will be more than $200 to get it working again. I hope this answers your question.
I think he is talking about since "his" pcm in his truck has been reflashed/replaced...maybe his programmer would not work, since he did not return the stock program...but my programmer, the one I am selling is from a different truck, and the stock program for that truck was returned to it and the high performance was put back into my programmer ...I would think my 1705 programmer would work, no matter what truck it was...as long as it fell within the years 1994-2003...for him it would be like buying another programer or getting his programer reflashed with the orginal superchips program...correct?

Ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.