Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have this Superchips programmer off of my truck that I want to sell because I just bought a TS chip, but it says its is VIN locked. My question is if I take the tune off of my truck, will this be able to work on another stroker? I don't want to screw over a prospective buyer, please let me know.

·
Registered
750 Posts
:agree::thumb:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick response, sounds great, can't wait to try out the TS, of course after I even get the truck drivable :tard:

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm thinking about getting rid of mine for an sct. I have the 3 reg. one plus the extreme/redline tune.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
If you don't need the money keep the superchips as a code reader:thumb: Yep I agree it shouldn't be vin locked if you take the truck back to stock programming.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We already have a really nice code scanner/reader so I actually have no use for this...make me an offer on it, it came w/ the truck when I bought it, I really just want to get rid of it to help pay for costs of fixing up my rig...its the 1705 Max Micro tuner, it has I think two or three settings I know one of them is called "Hi-performance" or "Tow Safe", and if it is VIN locked and doesn't work for you, I can send you your money back but as said above it should work once I return my truck back to stock ...pm me
-Lance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts