Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, First of all I know this isn't the best chip in the world but it is free so here goes. My dad bought this chip for his truck and doesn't use it anymore. It is is gold superchips chip, NOT the tuner. It came out of his early 99 F250 auto, I also have a early 99 f250 Auto only difference in the two trucks is that his is ext. cab and mine is crew. Anyhow I want to install it one mine. I wanted someone to verify that this was the correct way. Unhook the bats and turn the key on and off one time. plug chip into back of computer by emergency brake pedal. hook bats back up and ride. Is this correct?

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Im not sure, but not many people actually run these kind of superchips. Im sure some1 has though sorry I couldnt be much more help.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i kinda figured that being that it is kinda old now. I am going to order the PHP phoenix one day, but it is kinda hard to pass up free right now with my current budget crisis.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
I havent even heard of that chip!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea it was popular around here when the superduty's first came out here. My father in law has one in his truck and it will fly! I didn't know if anybody up here still had one or not.
:dunno:

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
You need to clean the terminals on the pcm before you install chip, but other than that it's correct.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what do i clean the terminals with. Will alcohol be ok or do i need to use something else.

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
what do i clean the terminals with. Will alcohol be ok or do i need to use something else.
The instructions I linked to above tell you everything you need to know

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanks man. I appreciate it. :thumb:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So according to the DP directions I do NOT need to disconnect the batteries! only take the key out. I think I might just take them loose anyway just to be safe.

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
So according to the DP directions I do NOT need to disconnect the batteries! only take the key out. I think I might just take them loose anyway just to be safe.
Even with batteries disconnected pull the key

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will do! I appreciate all of you guys help with this. Fixin to go put her in so I will be back on her shortly to let you guys know if there is any problems and how it works if in fact it does..........:please:

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
It may or may not. The old gold chips were single bank chips. Programmed for one PCM code specifically. If its not of the same family it may not work

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i got the ol chip installed and everything seems to be good to go with it. I had to do this in between calls at work (EMS), so I haven't really had a chance to drive it other than around the block at the station, but it seems to have more power. Will report back later, thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts