Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was checking out the dashboss and ran across the iHAWK. It looks to be the exact same thing, just with a different sticker on it. And autoanything has it for $137 w/coupon and free shipping.

Would this work just the same?

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Looks similar to DashBoss, it's from the same developer imiken. I'll ask Ken over at DashBoss what gives, they might of teamed up with Superchips to sell more product.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. I have everything else ready to go except the obdII plug. I asked you about using the livewire egt a while back and I think it will work, it does look to do a mv/v conversion.

The only thing I didn't see was mention of adding the 2 external inputs.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Was checking out the dashboss and ran across the iHAWK. It looks to be the exact same thing, just with a different sticker on it. And autoanything has it for $137 w/coupon and free shipping.

Would this work just the same?
The iHawk is a private labeled version of DashBoss, it's a couple software versions behind the DashBoss, so I have no idea what PIDs it can monitor for the 6.0.

For a couple buck more, at least you know what the DashBoss can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's about what I figured, not worth $20 to have older and probably less pids.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
You can't go wrong with the Dashboss. Rich and myself are on the beta testers team for dashboss and we work directly with ken to try new things to monitor such as now I came up with an idea to make a custom PID that will take the icp voltage as it stays a constant and accurate number even after tuning (some tune files split the icp pressure tables so that the ECM sees lower pressure, doing this keeps the ECM from defueling on higher hp tunes) so my idea was to take the icp voltage and have the dashboss convert it into an actual accurate pressure value. This will allow the driver to see actual icp pressure instead of the fooled pressure the ECM thinks its seeing. We tried the first beta and the idea is working but we still need to tweak it so that it is accurate.

I can guarantee that the iHawk cannot do this. Or half of the other pid's that we have gotten them to work on for the 6.0 powerstroke.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would be nice to have, my buddy made a guage up and I borrowed it. If it'll do all it says, this would finish off the edge stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts