Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just deleted the DPF and installed an AFE intake. I bought and updated a discontinued tuner from superchip call the flashpaq race tuner model 1855. And I am waiting on a sinister egr delete to arrive. Right now the truck seems to run fine, but when I get on the throttle it seems to make the transmission hunt for where it wants to be.. I hoping the egr will help with the throttle response and turbo lag, but I was curious if anyone had any suggestion about the trans or can refer me to someone that can create a custom tune? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
How did you delete your DPF without tuning for it? Or does the SuperChip tune for that?
BTW, there's tons of threads about custom tuning.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had a flashpaq 1855 and sold it for my spartan. I could never get my truck to run right with it installed. I talked to their techs probably 20 times, sent it in once and still my truck would not run right. It was something different every time I messed with it, so I gave up. If I knew I would not have gotten any money for it I would have broke it a hundred times over. Good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I've been hearing any trouble with the spartan? And I heard there is a place that buys old tuners online is that true?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I sold mine on ebay. Got $160 for it, not bad. I love my spartan, mini maxx is also a great tuner. I picked mine up used for $650 with a dpf delete pipe, so not a bad deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a bad deal at all I'm going to get a little more info on it before I purchase one this time and talk to a performance shop I know and see what their verdict is. Was the problems you were having with yours sound similar to what I described?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Watch out for those "performance" shops. Sometimes they don't know anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya It's not really a performance shop just strictly diesel shop, just want to find out if I need to beef up my transmission to accept the hp and fchana increase, change my tune or my tuner...

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Oh, in that case Strictly Diesel is great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts