Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I beat the hell out of my tailgate accidentally and want to replace it with one of those that has the "Super Duty" stamped into it. What years where those gates used?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
303 Posts
i believe 08 and up.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Yes sir 08-current

Here is the deal, you will pay 500-700 for one off of ebay.

I got mine from Ford. Not complete.

Shell (no hardware, plastic, hignes or badges) $260 (whole sale)
Ford Badge NOS 25
Plastic 35
Drivers side hinge 7
Handle like $10 on ebay. They were the same from earlyer F150s (mabe like 2003 +?)
Use the hardware (latches and rods) from any 99+ gate. Its all the same
Paint (free for me)

Not sure if you get a discount at Ford but thats what I paid.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Seems like the thing to do is buy it right from Ford. I've been wanting to change mine as well, just isn't the same since the trailer came disconnected and dented it up.

What is the plastic that is required? Do the hinges from the 06 work with the new gate? I'm assuming they do.

Thanks for the info Galaxie.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Seems like the thing to do is buy it right from Ford. I've been wanting to change mine as well, just isn't the same since the trailer came disconnected and dented it up.

What is the plastic that is required? Do the hinges from the 06 work with the new gate? I'm assuming they do.

Thanks for the info Galaxie.
Check with Ford. I baught from one near me that does a LOT of body work so piece mealing it together worked for me. It might not be for everyone. Well if someone cant paint, it wouldnt be worth doing it that way since it comes bare. The plastic is the top of the gate.

Everything is the same as far as hardware except the drivers side lower hinge and the handle. Everything else swaped from my old gate. :thumb:

·
Registered
42 Posts
i was lucky and found a white tailgate in a local junkyard, matched my truck perfectly and didnt even have to re-paint. all you need is the gate, and the hinge on the drivers side. there is a write-up on here somewhere. i paid 450 for mine, but it doesnt have the gate step and the back-up camera.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
i was lucky and found a white tailgate in a local junkyard, matched my truck perfectly and didnt even have to re-paint. all you need is the gate, and the hinge on the drivers side. there is a write-up on here somewhere. i paid 450 for mine, but it doesnt have the gate step and the back-up camera.
$450 totaly done, painted etc. perfect price!

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Ah, completely spaced that on mine. Thanks again, going to give Ford a call and see what it cost new.
Haha All good. Dude, those trucks look great! :icon_ford:

I love the 429. We built a hammer of a 429 - well 467 :)

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Keep an eye on local for sale ads like craigslist. A buddy of mine scored a complete non-step 08 gate for $150 from a company that put a liftgate on the truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts