Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyon tell me what size down pipe there aluminized 4" single kit comes with? On there site it just states there intermediate and tail pipe is 4"

·
Registered
862 Posts
IMO go to a site sponsor and get the exhaust you want. They are going to know what will be good for your truck and whats now.

Summit is good for race cars not parts for our trucks

·
Registered
402 Posts
i hate to agree but i live close to the main store and.........they are there for race cars and not truks.......but if you call em youll find out how big the dp is.. an 800 number

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Summit kit is 4" all the way back. It's a good deal if you catch it on sale for $269. i get my stuff from Summit the next day without additioal charges if I order by 3:00pm

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did the summit 5" turbo back w 4" downpipe. I had to cut 1 pipe but the fit was good and I was able to keep the spare where it belongs. (kit said you have to relocate the spare). The previous owner had stacks on it and I got a good deal from the Ford dealer that had it. Non of the hilbilies looking at it could get the financing. This hilbilly had cash. LOL It was 3 grand lower than comprable deler trucks and cheeper than any private sellers. I too live close to the main store so with no shipping charge the price was right. True not the place to go for powerstroke stuff but they do have some good prices on stuff they have. plus I can pick it up and not wait for shipping. I am a gotta have it now kinda guy. LOL I wish summit would cater more to the powerstroke stuff.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i looked on their website it does have a 4"dp. their are made by heartthrob its a good kit i know of 4 people that have it that live around me and they are all pleased with the quality and fitment. what gets me is their kit fits better than that mbrp that i put on both of my fords. if you get it you will be pleased.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i looked on their website it does have a 4"dp. their are made by heartthrob its a good kit i know of 4 people that have it that live around me and they are all pleased with the quality and fitment. what gets me is their kit fits better than that mbrp that i put on both of my fords. if you get it you will be pleased.
For the price I am happy. just watch the 5" kit you may have to move your spare. It does tell you that in the instructions. I just moved mine a little it is tight but I will live with it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Love my summit exhaust. had it on 2 trucks now. Fitment is great and the price is right too!!!!!!!

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,057 Posts
IMHO piping is piping, then you choose what kinda of material and diameter. where ever you can get the best price is the best place for it. I just straight piped my truck however I went to a shop that had some scraps and the guy welded it in there for 50 bucks.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have used a couple of the Summit ones, never had any issues, fits fine, 4" all the way..

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
IMHO piping is piping, then you choose what kinda of material and diameter. where ever you can get the best price is the best place for it. I just straight piped my truck however I went to a shop that had some scraps and the guy welded it in there for 50 bucks.
Yes, 4" piping is 4" piping, but the fitment, finish, quality, etc can differ BIGTIME. Put an MBRP kit next to an Expandit or any other cheap budget kit and you will see what I mean. Some people want quality pipes that fit, others want the cheapest possible. There are kits for both parties, but to say they are the same is not completely accurate.

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,057 Posts
MBRP is not that great of a product or that quality of a product that I would choose them over another. In fact in another thread of a completly different topic some said they called them up about being legal for their state. turns out they are a canadian company and let their customers handle the legalities of there state. Dont sound like a very helpful bunch to me.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
I completely disagree. I have ran and installed just about every exhaust kit on the market. MBRP is one of if not the best for fit and finish.

In fact in another thread of a completly different topic some said they called them up about being legal for their state. turns out they are a canadian company and let their customers handle the legalities of there state. Dont sound like a very helpful bunch to me.
Im confused as to what you are saying here?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts