Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in South Fla and don't do any mudding/trail driving. I do tow an 18' and a 25' boat now and then. I do mostly street/highway driving other than the boat ramp stuff or hauling my ATV out to the trails. I love the aggressive look of the toyos or nittos, and I can get either one for about $360. I have the stock Harley 20" rims on my 2008 HD F250.

Which tires do you guys suggest and why? I've been reading a few posts about Nittos not lasting too long. Is that right? Are Toyo's a better choice?

Forgot to mention, truck currently has the stock wranglers on it with 57k miles (275/65/20). I wanted to upgrade to 35's and I have a 2.5" bilstein level kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would recommend the Toyo MTs, use them on my pick up. They are wonderful I pull 5 ton chippers with them and when the truck is empty they ride really nice in my opinion

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm running Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/75/16 on my 2005 ex and got about 45,000 on them. They still have a good amount of tread left on them. If I stay off they skinny peddle they should last to 55,000 - 60,000. I tow a small pop up and they handle great. Great in wet and dry conditions. They will pick up some noise when the get about 40,000 on them but not bad. Looking at going to 295/75/16 for a better look.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the feedback guys. I will keep searching for more information. I have heard the Nitto's get loud as they wear. Have any of you tried the Dura-Tracs?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ive had toyo at's and nitto Terra's and both wore down in under 20k. Hated them both. I did do a few smokey burnouts but still. I wanna look into buying the new grabbers look sweet but I don't know anyone who has them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
mickey thompsons are a really good tire but the best for highway grip and least amount of noise while getting the look ur after id recommend geolander mt.they burn out a bit faster but if you plan on stayin on pavement thats what id run.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I put on a set of the Nitto Crosstek HD tires. Nice tire. Quiet. Good wet weather control, but still aggressive looking.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I have the Toyo AT's on mine, great tire. Tracks well, seats great and no road noise.

Sent from my LTEVO using AutoGuide App.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looked at the cross-tek's and it doesn't look like they offer them in 35's. I did discover the new Toyo AT2's and I'm interested in finding out more info and prices on them. I like the look of the dura-tracs but not the white sidewall letters on the sides.

Keep the info coming!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Toyo AT2's

Just bought a set.....and love them!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the toyo AT2's, too. Good tire!

·
Registered
155 Posts
im gonna steal this thread....need a good all terrain that gives good traction in snow, slush and ice along with at the trailhead but will also last a long time even under towing (i will be towing approx 9,000lbs a few times a year to and from various 4x4 trails). i've heard many mixed reviews on the bfg ta/ko's even though this has been a favorite tire of mine before. i know the excursion being a 3/4ton truck and the added weight of towing doesn't help with tire longevity but any input would be appreciated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts