Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for exhaust systems? I have an 05 F350 CC DRW w/6.0...I'm doing most of the upgrades available, including head studs, programmer, bullet proofing, etc.....figured I might as well look for an aftermarket exhaust while I'm at it...:crazy:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MBRP, Diamond Eye are good. That said first thing you should invest in is gauges. They are the priority on a 6.0
Yep..I ordered the CTS when I orders the SF3, and got the pyrometer to go with, and the turbo saver...still trying to figure out what type of gauges/pod to get for monitoring boost and fuel pressure. I'm gonna mount the CTS on the left by the A-pillar...the options would be overhead on the steering wheel I guess. Any suggestions for gauge type for the boost and fuel pressure? I'd like something low key, and looks like stock, and doesn't blind me at night! Any other parameters I need to monitor as well that wouldn't be covered by the CTS w/pyro and the boost and fuel pressure?:dunno:

·
Real Men of Genius
5,309 Posts
I have ISSPRO gauges and love them, they also light up at night very similar to the stock gauges. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Diamond Eye makes a good single exit exhaust, I have had both MBRP, and Diamond Eye. The MBRP is a super high quality exhaust, but carries a hefty price tag. You can get a stainless Diamond Eye for around 350 shipped with a muffler. Sounds great-throaty, but not overbearing. Really roars at higher RPM, and every bit as good as MBRP as far as fitment. My only gripe was the clamps are a little thinner than the MBRP clamps, but It wasn't an issue.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I found my full stainless system on ebay-it was 329 (on sale-15 percent off) with a muffler, free shipping, and 5" stainless tip. I had a 20 percent coupon for anything in parts and accessories. Ended up costing me 263 bucks for a turbo back stainless exhaust. I was floored.

Keep an eye out on ebay!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found my full stainless system on ebay-it was 329 (on sale-15 percent off) with a muffler, free shipping, and 5" stainless tip. I had a 20 percent coupon for anything in parts and accessories. Ended up costing me 263 bucks for a turbo back stainless exhaust. I was floored.

Keep an eye out on ebay!
I'll keep my eyes open:crazy:

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
...still trying to figure out what type of gauges/pod to get for monitoring boost and fuel pressure. Any suggestions for gauge type for the boost and fuel pressure? I'd like something low key, and looks like stock, and doesn't blind me at night! Any other parameters I need to monitor as well that wouldn't be covered by the CTS w/pyro and the boost and fuel pressure?:dunno:
BTW-the CTS can measure boost, and with the universal sensor harness and sending unit (made for the CS/CTS), it will also display fuel pressure. You can monitor EVERYTHING with the CTS, no need for additional gauges. I have mine set to monitor FICM voltage, EGT, ECT, EOT, and BOOST.

·
All-Right Hauling & Trans
1,267 Posts
Any suggestions for exhaust systems? I have an 05 F350 CC DRW w/6.0...I'm doing most of the upgrades available, including head studs, programmer, bullet proofing, etc.....figured I might as well look for an aftermarket exhaust while I'm at it...:crazy:
I have a stainless Silverline kit on my truck. not cat with muffler, sounds good and very quiet compared to when I had the same truck straight piped.
Got it shipped from Alligator Performance, they run sales all the time.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
giong with a 4" or 5" will be for louder sound over delete pipes. Delete pipes will also be loud and drop egts just as 4", but you will have better low end power with the delete pipes. They go for $100+

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got the diamond eyes with cat delete and love it. Sounds great when getting on it. Bit super quiet when on cruise control down the highway.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
We have the Diamond Eye kits as well as AFE, MBRP, FLO-PRO, Banks, Magnaflow and Silver line.

Are you looking for 4" or 5", duals or single? We also have the egr delete kits and studs too. Let me know when your ready we will beat anyones price and we have free shipping too.

Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have installed several different brands of exhaust systems; AFE, MBRP, Diamond eye, FLO-PRO, and Magnaflow. I will tell you from my experience the fit and finish of AFE is second to none!! I have done 4 AFE systems and it amazes me every time how well they fit, they just slip right in place. What I love the most is they have a one piece tail section, that makes install much easier. Long story short... get an AFE system!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BTW-the CTS can measure boost, and with the universal sensor harness and sending unit (made for the CS/CTS), it will also display fuel pressure. You can monitor EVERYTHING with the CTS, no need for additional gauges. I have mine set to monitor FICM voltage, EGT, ECT, EOT, and BOOST.
Sweet....I haven't gotten it yet, so I don't know the capabilities yet. I saw the universal sensor harness on one website, but it didn't say what it would monitor...do you have to get the special cap for the fuel filter and run the sensor from that to the CTS? Just wondering what other sensors are necessary..I bought the pyro sensor for it, and the turbo timer, what do I need for fuel pressure/FICM voltage/boost?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We have the Diamond Eye kits as well as AFE, MBRP, FLO-PRO, Banks, Magnaflow and Silver line.

Are you looking for 4" or 5", duals or single? We also have the egr delete kits and studs too. Let me know when your ready we will beat anyones price and we have free shipping too.

Thanks
Thanks! I am looking between the Diamond Eye dual turbo back, and getting stacks(Silverline 6" stacks and powdercoated base)...I'll hit you up as soon as I can make up my mind!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts