Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebuilding my 7.3 ......engine is stock.except for a exaust brake . We use the truck for Long, heavy pulling on country roads
things I would like
Programer ?? Suggestions ?
Injectors
HPOP
high volume Low pressure pump
fuel cross over hose

·
Super Moderator
19,737 Posts
Any/All of those are a good place to start.
You could probably go up in injector size. Add a Wicked Wheel to the turbo to increase boost. A good programmer is a Hydra.
A fuel cross-over helps even out fuel flow.
Contact @[email protected] - he owns CNCFAB - He sells most everything on your list. Corey is very helpful.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Vendor
13,052 Posts
Rebuilding my 7.3 ......engine is stock.except for a exaust brake . We use the truck for Long, heavy pulling on country roads
things I would like
Programer ?? Suggestions ?
Injectors
HPOP
high volume Low pressure pump
fuel cross over hose
We are also a full machine shop too.

How heavy of loads? Auto or manual trans?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
My opinion is to go up an injector size. I would go with 160/30. I went with 175/80 and it was too much for towing heavy. If I did it again I would do the 160/30. Programmer will help a lot. If you HPOP is healthy I wouldn't worry about replacing it. I ran my 175/80's off a stock HPOP with no issue. I would say get Cory's HPOP lines and crossover to prevent a catastrophic failure later on the road. Its pretty much just safe insurance rather then a necessity. That is one thing that will leave you stranded and its a cheap and reliable upgrade.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Also how is your trans? Is it auto or manual? If you do too much engine upgrades you will need to do some trans upgrades.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts