Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well for my b-day my sister got me some 12 in. subs and a aftermarket radio.
for one my truck is a single cab and could i even fit them back there, and i have no clue of how to take a radio out or put one in, do yall know how?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
take 2 small nails and place them in the holes (2 nails per side) on the side of the radio with one hand grasp face plate and with the other push or wiggle nails toward radioand pull radio out a little way then repeat on other side when radio is out so you can see clips on the side just pull it out

·
Registered
405 Posts
even better if u dont want to buy the tool use a old metal coat hanger and bend it in to a "u" make two of them and use one on each side

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i tried to take the radio out and had no luck.
i think i am doing it all wrong.
i put 2 nails in each side in the holes you were talking about,
and tried to wigle it out side to side
and it wouldnt budge

i also tried the metal coat hanger but didnt have any luck with that either

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
I would go to Autozone or somewhere and pay 5 or 10 dollars for the tool to take the radio out. I did car audio for 5 years and if you mess up the clips that hold the radio in by using nails or coat hangers, it can be a huge p.i.t.a to get it out :thumb:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was wondering if i could fit 12 in subs in my truck, my sister said something about a truck box, but i have never heard of 1

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have 2 12 in. subs in my truck. If there is a car audio shop around you should be able to get some from them. Just tell them what you are looking for. It is called a truck box.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Walmart MIGHT carry a truck box, but I doubt it.

Just go to any car stereo shop in your area, show them what you have, tell them what you want to do, and see how much it'll cost ya.

If there isn't a shop in Nicholasville, go to Lexington. I'm sure there's a shop somewhere around there.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Best Buy or circuit City will have everything you need for the subs and the tool can be had for just a few dollars at most auto parts stores did she also get you an amp as you will need one to run the subs.

·
Shade tree mechanic
8,298 Posts
or if you cant find one, maybe you can build one. truck boxes arent that cheap. all you need if some particle board, caulking, carpet, and some tools. i made mine for $26. when i priced them they were $120

·
Registered
136 Posts
idk i had frys(i really dont remember) put in an alpine head and the front speakers i did the rears myself it was pretty simple sittin still you can see the mirrors shake and i have no subs just 4 infiniti speakers (its a crew cab i think single cab is the same)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts