Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well went to my local to get my in-dash put in and everything went good on that. Well i had my pioneer slim/flat 12'' subs out of my old truck and was hoping to use them and they said the wont fit. So they said i need to go to 10''. What are good brand that pound that will fit behind my seat? Pics would be great. Thanks guys for any help

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm thats interesting also. I tolf them if i was going to have to go to 10s i wanted 3 of them and they said they couldnt do 3 because there wasnt enough air space of something like that. Are they full of it?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
here is mine 2 JL 10's pushed with a 500 w amp

·
Registered
59 Posts
All I know is there is 4 10's behind my backseat. They are w 1 series. They are a slim line sub. It is tight, but it works. I'll take a better picture later.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well they put a 10in box back there and showed me that there was very little room with the 10s. It did look tight with the 10in box so i didnt know

·
Registered
189 Posts
Dude.....you can fit two shallow 12's easy back there.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I have two 10s and by the looks of it 12 s will fit back there.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well one thing i did notice on my truck and im sure some of yours are the same way but my back seat is like a 80/20 or something like that. It folds twice

·
Registered
74 Posts
My local stereo shop told me if you have a powerslider rear window, no subs will fit without cutting up the interior. I didnt want them cutting on my 350 harley. By the looks of what you guys are saying, they are wrong.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for that info. they did show me how tight a 10in box was and it was pretty tight fit to

·
Registered
185 Posts
My local stereo shop told me if you have a powerslider rear window, no subs will fit without cutting up the interior. I didnt want them cutting on my 350 harley. By the looks of what you guys are saying, they are wrong.
Part of the carpeted panel on the back of the cab does have to be cut. You could just remove the panel if you are completely against cutting it but then it looks like azz. WHen the sub enclosure is installed, you never see the cut panel. If you remove the box for some reason then a new replacement panel from Ford is only $65.

This is my personal King Ranch F350 with power slider....

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Been itching to pull the trigger on one of those SPL2K boxes. Just cant decide between the single 12 or the dual 12's (or dual 13's).

By the way here is a link to his F250 Boxes if you were wanting more info:

superduty112

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just cant decide between the single 12 or the dual 12's (or dual 13's).
All depends on what type of music you listen to mostly.

Mostly rock / hard rock / pop / top 40 = single ported
Mostly country / rap / or wide variety = dual sealed

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
I emailed you about a box for a single 12's. Let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i went back there today and raised a little hell and they built me a box for my two 12s and they fit now

·
Registered
74 Posts
Part of the carpeted panel on the back of the cab does have to be cut. You could just remove the panel if you are completely against cutting it but then it looks like azz. WHen the sub enclosure is installed, you never see the cut panel. If you remove the box for some reason then a new replacement panel from Ford is only $65.

This is my personal King Ranch F350 with power slider....

Just curious as to where you mounted the amp?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Here's how I mounted them. No heat issues in 5 months of use,

Amps mounted to board.

Angle iron brackets bolted to seat frame.

Board bolted to brackets.

The truck was broken into about a month ago and they got the hu, but they saw the amps and must have decided it was too much work.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts