Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 12in kicker comp sub and a x-plode amp and i have just put the amp under tha back seat but i had the sub on the floor in the middle in the back but i am wondering if anybody has any experience with this sub set up and if its possible to get a box that will go behind the seat in the back cause there isnt a whole lot of room under or behind the back seat???:dunno:

·
Registered
39 Posts
theres plenty of options for subs behind the back seat. it all depends what you want. i think for a 12inch its pushing it but have heard people do it. right now i got one with two eights thats not even that big and its sealed. im running a ton of power to them so theyll blow soon but they sound great! but 10 inch seems to be most popular

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
here is a pic of mine with two 10's bend the rear seat

·
Registered
39 Posts
i like that one. i might build one soon with the two tens on the right side and a port on the left edge.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
yeah the box sounds good ....i was think of putting some port holes in it too

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm well thanks guys i guess i will have to trade the 12 for two 10s then i know i could make them sound good

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had 2 10"s for a while. but just i just got 4 10"s. they fit behind the back seat real nice.
4:woot::woot:holy crap i couldnt hear with one 12 lol but that sounds good i will have to see if i can do some trading:thumb:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow they dont give those babys away lol but i guess sound is worth alot and i dont mind a whole lot paying for something that will work good

·
Registered
39 Posts
i thought about the 4 tens because i got them but you have to stay sealed box, iv been told 2 in a ported would sound better what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Sealed all the way, you get more bass IMO. When you port your box you are going to have to rebuild the box as a ported box requires more air space for the woofer to bang properly.A good sealed box you can press the woofer in and it will rise back up slowly. SQ ft = L X W X H / 1728 for cu. ft. most 10 and 12 require roughly right at 1.0 cu ft for sealed vs up around 1.5 for ported.Check your woofer for optimal perf cu footage though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i have a extra cab and i need a box to go under the rear bench,i have a new style punch 200 amp and i am looking at either 2-10" mtx firing up or 2-8" jbl firing down? what do u guys think,i am not looking to blow the doors off just some nice clean bass!!!!! thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would say that depends on your listening style. and how picky you are with your sound. i have two mtx 8's right now.(would prefer jbl but they still sound good) they actually do really good. even got some punch to them(with 1600w rms,i wouldnt generally recomend that but i dont care bout them to much haha) but they sound good with alot less power as well. but with my wide range of music i listen to i occationally am bugged because of notes that 8s just cant hit.
10's seem to be better for all around listening but iv noticed if your running low power you may not get as much punch as rumble. but with enough power they can punch dang good as well.

just my 2 cents with what ive seen in my own systems.

oh ya and 8s in the wrong box and not much power can make ya feel like you didnt do anything but waste money for hardly any sound added.

·
Registered
771 Posts
this is what mine looks like, and my rear seat is slideable... I actually used the sub box out of my old dodge that went under the rear seat.

here is a pic of mine with two 10's bend the rear seat

1 - 18 of 18 Posts