Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it! I removed the fold out step from under the rear seat and built a box. I was able to get plenty of air space that allowed me to port the box (allowing for a deeper sound) in my opinion. I had a sealed box in the truck behind the seat. It sounded good, but I wanted a deeper sound. I installed a shallow mount 12" Pioneer sub. The sub hits plenty hard and I am highly impressed with the sound quality. I just thought I'd share this with the others who have contemplated putting a sub under the rear seat.

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Good job, one ? though. Why did you go with contrasting carpet color?

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I am interested in one of those boxes!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
More info Please!

Would love to know more about this box.. I.E. internal Volume, Dimensions.. and dare I say it... Plans? There are tons of us SCREW owners that could use this info.

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Will the box you describe fit under the back seat of a supercab or did you make it for a cwer cab? What is the fold out step you mentioned?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just ordered a box from SPL2k.com for 2 12" subs. I'm either going to go with the Pioneer shallow sub he recommends or the new MTX TT65. Not sure yet. I'll post some pics once its installed. :woot:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replies

Good job, one ? though. Why did you go with contrasting carpet color?

I just like black and I feel I have enough tan in my truck. No other reason.

I am interested in one of those boxes!!!

I built it in my garage in a weekend or so. It was actually simple other than the 3 different heights going over the hump and the seat support.

Would love to know more about this box.. I.E. internal Volume, Dimensions.. and dare I say it... Plans? There are tons of us SCREW owners that could use this info.

Volume was 1.02 cubic feet if I remember right. I used a 3" diameter porting tube and it was 8" long. I didn't record any dimensions. I just measured and cut a piece at a time.

Will the box you describe fit under the back seat of a supercab or did you make it for a cwer cab? What is the fold out step you mentioned?

I honestly don't know, but I doubt it. I really don't know though.

I just ordered a box from SPL2k.com for 2 12" subs. I'm either going to go with the Pioneer shallow sub he recommends or the new MTX TT65. Not sure yet. I'll post some pics once its installed.

I had one of his sealed boxes that fit one 12 behind the seat. His boxes are simply top quality! It sounded great, but I wanted a slightly deeper base and was set on building a stealth box to go under my seat. He is a professional and his boxes are obviously far better quality than mine could ever be. I just wanted the deeper base and I think a ported box sounds better than a sealed one. I see SPL2K now has a larger box that holds one 12 and it is ported that goes behing the seat with a rear slider. My box hits extremely hard and I am more than impressed :nod: .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts