Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
over the past few weeks i have noticed a problem with the way the truck is running, started of only in overdrive cruising at 50-60 mph under very light throttle like 3psi of boost. it feels like its cutting out like its misfiring. causes a jerking or a stuttering feel. If i would give it throttle it would run fine no miss or stutter.

recently ive been noticing that it seems to be getting worse doing it more frequently when cruising and also can start to feel a surge under acceleration now too.

I am not flashing any codes, i have checked the ficm and its fine. what else should i check?

if an injector is sticking i'm guessing it would cause the stutter feeling like its loosing a cyclinder off and on, is this correct? if so with no codes how can i tell which one or test to find a bad one?

thanks in advance! :thumb:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump..

nobody has any thoughts or input on where to start or what to check or how to check it?

:dunno:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same problem with mine if you haves scangauge you can check for individual injector misfire or injector on/ off commands. I also have no codes and have spent a few dollars on it too no improvements and getting worst if you haves scangauge and need the codes I can send them too you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does yours surge as well as sputter? Mine had the same issues...replaced ICP sensor, EGR vale and still had problems. It ended up being the wiring harnes was chaffed going to the ICP pigtail and the pigtail itself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have a stutter when its cold and goes away once oil temps come up it is a stiction issue and Rev-X will help. If you have a stutter even when the oil temps are warm, you most likely have a failing spool valve in your injector. Rev-X may or may not help. Most likely you waited a little too long. We sell a ton of rev-X to customers with Stiction issues and it takes care of that along with many other benefits. However, Rev-X WILL NOT fix a mechanically failed spool valve. Sorry man, I want your business but I don't want it under false pretenses. It sounds to me like your problem is an injector going south.

Tim

Derangedperformance.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you have a stutter when its cold and goes away once oil temps come up it is a stiction issue and Rev-X will help. If you have a stutter even when the oil temps are warm, you most likely have a failing spool valve in your injector. Rev-X may or may not help. Most likely you waited a little too long. We sell a ton of rev-X to customers with Stiction issues and it takes care of that along with many other benefits. However, Rev-X WILL NOT fix a mechanically failed spool valve. Sorry man, I want your business but I don't want it under false pretenses. It sounds to me like your problem is an injector going south.

Tim

Derangedperformance.com
Mine is stuttering all the time I found a 40-50 temp difference on to of my manifold exhaust ports so I have 2 injectors on the way I'll start on them this evening if there here if not it will be tommorrow evening still hasn't throwed a injector code ?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep, mine stutters and spits all the time, not just cold. Buddy has a computer and we found cylinder #2 misfiring, not a s consistant as the others, so im thinking injector is also my issue. i will check all the wires and icp when i am in there.

according to his scan tool/computer my icp is fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts