Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was reading up online that people were claiming better gas mileage, lower egt's, and the equivalent to a TW 80hp tow tune, w/ only putting on an adrenaline hpop?

Can anybody confirm this?

Matt

EDIT: Right from Diesel Site:

#FUEL MILEAGE INCREASES SEEN IN EVERY YEAR/MODEL TESTED AND WITH EVERY INJECTOR SIZE
#50+ HP INCREASE WITH STOCK INJECTORS AND AFTERMARKET PROGRAMS
#80+ HP INCREASE WITH HYBRID INJECTORS AND AFTERMARKET PROGRAMS

An 80hp increase w/ just an oil pump?????????

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
The adrenaline will provide all the needed oil pressure the tunes are calling for in the higher horsepower settings, so yes it should build more HP, as it is the stock pump will hit a certain level and it just won't put out any more, this is when the 1211 code is normally set.

NCH

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow thats awesome. I've never heard of an oil pump making hp lol

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
It's not really "making hp" it's simply allowing the oil system to keep up with what the puter is calling for and the end result is more HP.

NCH

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Wow 80 hp with hybrids??

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What the hell are hybrid injectors?? In need me some of those so I can get that 80hp gain lol

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
a hybrid uses a B code plunger and barrel. you put that in an A code injector and you are able to deliver more fuel. there is also a smaller intensifier piston that allows you to be able to run these injectors without big oil mods. .. . something along those lines.

·
Registered
392 Posts
i dont think that 80hp is right unless you have a pos stock pump. hell i did 550rwhp w/ hybrids on a 15* hpop and i highly doubt id pick up 10 hp by going big oil let alone 80 lol.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a hybrid uses a B code plunger and barrel. you put that in an A code injector and you are able to deliver more fuel. there is also a smaller intensifier piston that allows you to be able to run these injectors without big oil mods. .. . something along those lines.
So do you "buy" hybrid injectors? Or more or less piece them together?

i dont think that 80hp is right unless you have a pos stock pump. hell i did 550rwhp w/ hybrids on a 15* hpop and i highly doubt id pick up 10 hp by going big oil let alone 80 lol.
Read some of the customer reviews though.. they look pretty intense

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I am getting my adrenaline in this week so I am going to throw up a post and let you know if there is a difference. I also put huge tires on too so it will prolly be slower but what ever

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent!! Definitely post back after you install your adrenaline and let us know what happens power/speed wise!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
yeh but I did go from 38 toyos to 46 goodyear MTZ military tires and I havent driven the truck with them yet so hopefully I can still spin em.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ouch thats gonna hurt performance (well, speed anyhow..). But def. keep us posted either way. Videos are cool too

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
you seroius? the adrenaline would give you a heck of a lot more over that 15*

·
Registered
392 Posts
you seroius? the adrenaline would give you a heck of a lot more over that 15*
i doubt it would have made an additional 80rwhp, 10-15hp maybe.... who knows. i will have an adrenaline soon to put on a truck so i will some feedback on a truck with stage 1's. the truck currently has a 15* pump on it.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
i doubt it would have made an additional 80rwhp, 10-15hp maybe.... who knows. i will have an adrenaline soon to put on a truck so i will some feedback on a truck with stage 1's. the truck currently has a 15* pump on it.
so what your saying is you put down 550 RWHP with stage ones and 15* pump?

So do you "buy" hybrid injectors? Or more or less piece them together?
yup you can buy them. im running rosewood stage 3 hybrids

1 - 18 of 18 Posts