Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my oil cooler install done this week and so far things are going great. But my stupid question is, has anybody come up with a great idea on what to use the old oil filter case for? Its just a perfect little holder for something just sittin their, lookin for something to do. I.E. spare key holder...:p

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Cook a baked potato in it while you drive around... :D

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Send it to me for free, I'll pay shipping! Seriously!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
LOL Rich that won't work unless he has a complete fuel system with fuel bowl delete.
I know, I plan on installing my AD2 real soon to eliminate my upper fuel filter. I would like to have a spare oil filter housing in hand ahead of time so I can grind down the cut off fuel filter arm, then put it on a lathe to really clean it up. This way I reduce my down time.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I know, I plan on installing my AD2 real soon to eliminate my upper fuel filter. I would like to have a spare oil filter housing in hand ahead of time so I can grind down the cut off fuel filter arm, then put it on a lathe to really clean it up. This way I reduce my down time.

Let me see if I can find mine Rich. It already has the fuel filter can cut off. If I can find it you can have it.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
THANKS MITCH!! I appreciate it!!

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sat wondering last night if I indeed could cook something in that empty little canister. (I cook food on the engine skids at work all the time) But now this is like having a cool little oven. So Im gonna find a durable oven temp guage put it in their and see how hot does it get...

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
200* or so depending on engine oil temps. I would imagine that oil transfer block retains much of that heat...

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
I have a 9-13MM sockets, a small extension, and a 1/4 drive in mine.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 9-13MM sockets, a small extension, and a 1/4 drive in mine.
Thats not a bad idea. Wrap the tools in a rag or somethin...worlds smallest tool chest. My son read this post last nite and started to laugh, said after doin the oil cooler and all the scrapes and bumps I should turn it into a first aid kit:tard:.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Can of soup should fit right in there... Warm it up on the way to work?

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It still gets hot! I have an aluminum oil filter cap and that still gets too hot to touch without gloves. Funny that you started a thread on this because I'd considered the same thing. It almost looks like a can of soup would fit in there nicely. :hehe:
WARNING!! If you do heat a can of soup up on a motor you have to make a vent hole in the top! It makes a nice little Campbell soup bomb if you dont!:doh:
I know what your thinking,thats common since...no its not.New guys at work blow up soup cans quite often. And oddly enough the Old guys just let em.:rofl:

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
WARNING!! If you do heat a can of soup up on a motor you have to make a vent hole in the top! It makes a nice little Campbell soup bomb if you dont!:doh:
I know what your thinking,thats common since...no its not.New guys at work blow up soup cans quite often. And oddly enough the Old guys just let em.:rofl:
Sometimes it's good to let people learn the hard way!!! LOL!! I do it to my daughters all the time, they learn quick!!

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Here are a couple pics of what I did with the oil filter housing when I installed the BPD oil cooler on my 450

Attachments

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After thinking about this a bit more I kinda got to thinkin of those cheap Rambo knives we had back when I was a kid. You'd unscrew the never working compass and inside was couple fish hooks,some matches etc. So Im gonna biuld a truck Rambo canister. Thought a multi tool plyer (has a knife screw drivers cutters lil saw etc) Maybe a small dog bone wrench...extra key.....

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
It gets hot in there. Put a piece of cloth in the bottom to absorb some of the heat. With my sockets I can barely pull them out when towing. Trust me I blew a boot this spring and had to fix it. It did come in handy but they are hot!

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
It gets hot in there. Put a piece of cloth in the bottom to absorb some of the heat. With my sockets I can barely pull them out when towing. Trust me I blew a boot this spring and had to fix it. It did come in handy but they are hot!
Dude, that's a great idea! I never even thought about putting a small set of sockets and a ratchet in there. With the cloth in there, does it beat up the top of the oil manifold?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts