Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why does everyones prices on studs very so much? ive seen them from like 400 all the way to 650 thats a pretty big diff. just wondering why:confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
It's just part of doing business, just like comparing an oil filter from the dealer for $28 to the same thing from Walmart for $18.

Just shop around for the best deal. I paid $500 for my ARP's last year.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I just paid $370 plus shipping

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
It's just part of doing business, just like comparing an oil filter from the dealer for $28 to the same thing from Walmart for $18.

Just shop around for the best deal. I paid $500 for my ARP's last year.
True, But there is different grades of steel.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Sorry man, Got caught up in that work thing, Anyway Stud differences.
It comes down to the forging process and and what materials are used.
In my book ARP are the best. Better hot/cold forging process. But they are all good for our application. If you are planning on building a monster twin turbo mammoth, Then I would buy the "Best". Me personally, I am saving for the ARP"s. But I'll probably be singing a different tune if I blow a head gasket when I could of got them 2 months ago for 330.00.

Hope that helped.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Sorry man, Got caught up in that work thing, Anyway Stud differences.
It comes down to the forging process and and what materials are used.
In my book ARP are the best. Better hot/cold forging process. But they are all good for our application. If you are planning on building a monster twin turbo mammoth, Then I would buy the "Best". Me personally, I am saving for the ARP"s. But I'll probably be singing a different tune if I blow a head gasket when I could of got them 2 months ago for 330.00.

Hope that helped.

H11 is what you want. I've been hearing bad things about ARP's lately. It seems that they don't like to be reused. I don't know if this is a 7.3 vs. 6.0 thing, but it shouldn't make a difference in my book.

I'd KILL to have a set of studs for $330. :sad:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats what i meant on arps, the prices very so much

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
H11 is what you want. I've been hearing bad things about ARP's lately. It seems that they don't like to be reused. I don't know if this is a 7.3 vs. 6.0 thing, but it shouldn't make a difference in my book.

I'd KILL to have a set of studs for $330. :sad:
I'll have to look into the H-11. I say ARP because every Big/Small block I have built I've used ARP mains/rod/heads and they always held up. But then again my highest compression motor was a BB Mopar 383cid at 12.5-1. So I am in no way an expert in diesel head studs.:dunno:
If you really start looking hard at our motors, It makes sense to use precision parts with little to no defects. What's my compression 30-1/ 100-1/1000-1
It's the force of a canon I tell ya.

Thanks for the input DIRK.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
thats what i meant on arps, the prices very so much

Oh well we just bored you for an hour, Sorry man.
:dunno: Product purchase plans for distributor's. Maybe some buy 5 sets and others buy 5000 sets.
There has to be a tear purchase or something

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
I'll have to look into the H-11. I say ARP because every Big/Small block I have built I've used ARP mains/rod/heads and they always held up. But then again my highest compression motor was a BB Mopar 383cid at 12.5-1. So I am in no way an expert in diesel head studs.:dunno:
If you really start looking hard at our motors, It makes sense to use precision parts with little to no defects. What's my compression 30-1/ 100-1/1000-1
It's the force of a canon I tell ya.

Thanks for the input DIRK.
H11 is just a grade.

Your 6.0 is around 18:1 compression. My 7.3 is somewhere around 17:1 to 18:1. The cylinder pressures of the diesel are in a league of it's own.

I too used ARP's on my mopar's without issues. But this is apple to oranges.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

I too used ARP's on my mopar's without issues. But this is apple to oranges.
I agree, That is why I talk, But listen a hell of allot more.
17-1. My lord. :crazy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts