Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im going to buy a 05 king ranch next week. How much would someone charge to install new gaskets,arp studs,ect.? Im in West virginia. Im just trying to get a quote from a tech on here if one is close by. anyone interested? I work for a GM dealership, but do not want to chance in messing this up. Truck has 156k. The heads have been off before for factory headbolts installed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I could give you a quote monday. It is a lot of work to do studs on one of these trucks. You have to pull the cab to get the studs in. The studs are pricey. It is a good idea to have the turbo cleaned and lubed as well as egr deleted/blocked off in the process. We also typically have the heads checked, install the latest Ford updates and tune the truck via svt w/ custom tunes when we do studs. Pulled a cab off a 6.0 today for this.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am guessing you are talking somewhere in the 4k-6k range for the whole lot but if you have the money 100% worth it. You will have all the truck you will ever need or want. Reliability, power, fuel economy, etc...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts