Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO LATELY BEEN KINDA ACTING UP ON THE DRIVETRAIN ALSO., I GOT 41 INCH SS ON IT AND I NOTICED WHEN I GO FROM STOP TO GO IT HAS A STUDDER KINDA SO SOMETHING IS SHIFTING BACK AND FORTH THEN IT GOES AWAY ONCE ROLLING, ALSO WHEN GOIN DOWN THE ROAD ITS SMOOTH AND SOON AS IT SHIFTS INTO 4TH GEAR ITLL BUCK PRETTY BAD AND HAVE TO SLOW DOWN AND GO BACK TO 3RD GEAR USUALLY HITS 4TH GEAR ABOUT 40-50 MPH BUT IT ONLY DOES IT WHEN TRUCK IS OVERBOOSTING, WHEN ITS RUNNING PERFECT IT DOESNT BUCK, WIERD ONLY DOES IT RANDOMLY. AND I NOTICED THE FRONT OF MY REAR AXLE WOULD DRIP BLACK CRAP AFTER ITS BEEN DRVIN RIGHT BELOW THE DRIVESHAFT..... ANYBODY CAN HELP??? THANKS

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am no mechanic but just had the same problem with mine minus the fluid. Has your tow haul light came on or flashed while driving? My problem was a small soleniod in the tranny pan that tells the tranny when to shift. So when it starts to go out the tranny has problems shifting but drives fine once it has shifted. I had it replaced under warranty and problem fixed. I have heard the part is very cheap and not to hard to replace yourself just have to drop the tranny pan. If you have ford do it you can expect to pay around 6-800$. Mine was 800 but you get a full tranny service with it. Hope this can help or lead you in the right direction.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine did the same when not up to operating temperature, was injectors . If you have the dealer do a cylinder contribution test you will know for sure. hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts