Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 recently just had a transmission rebuild. Been having issues lately but this one i kinda need help with ASAP. Just got home and tried to put the truck in park and the shifter won’t go up in neutral reverse or park, so the keys are also stuck in the truck. The 2 bolts under the dash are tight. I popped the head off the shift cable at the transmission and it only moves 4 times which is probably drive,3,2,1. Trans was rebuilt bc of overdrive clutch and solenoid, now afterwards it sounds like metal to metal after starting it and stops if you shut it off and restart. Also I have a torque converter solenoid code, transmission sounds like crap, and I have to work tomorrow and this is my sole means of transportation.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it’s still under warranty and they won’t be open until tomorrow. Problem is that I work tomorrow and this is my only means of transportation.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I took off the starter wire and connected it to the positive battery post and it turned over. I then chocked the wheels and set the e-brake and tried again and the truck started and tried to move forward bc it was in drive. Not sure how it started in drive unless that wire to the battery post bypasses something. After moving the shifter back and forth with the truck running it finally went into park but the selector dropped to “1”. Looked under the dash and that red wire that’s wrapped around the metal piece has snapped I’m guessing this goes to the dash thing.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
" Not sure how it started in drive unless that wire to the battery post bypasses something."

That jumper wire totally bypasses the system -- your lucky the truck didn't take off on you

The jumper should only be used with safety in mind -- park/neutral, brakes set, chocks, etc

I would imagine the shifter cable is not in adjustment -- the grinding is anyone's guess

Gonna have to find alternate ride to work till the shop can fix it right

Reactions: jokester00

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I put it on the terminal and heard it try and start then i stopped and set the e brake and chocked the wheels the started it. I made sure not to run the truck through my kitchen lol

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So this will be the final update. The shop kept my truck for 3 weeks and 2 1/2 of those weeks the truck sat untouched while I had to pay rental expenses. Never received any updates on the status and truck never moved. The shop finally got around to “fixing” it and I got the truck back and still shifts from 2-3 weird, the cable comes off the transmission when you put the lever in drive and the gear selector is still broke. And stuck on 1. Got so fed up that I traded the truck in on a 16 F-150 5.0. I’m still pursuing that shop for rental reimbursement.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
You'll love the 5.0

·
Administrator
29,323 Posts
Congrats on the new ride the BBB ( even is the shop is not a member and yelp go a long way in getting bad companies motivated to do the right thing

or at least make you feel a little better and warn others

1 - 9 of 9 Posts