Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the lake this afternoon and put the truck in 4wd to pull the boat out of the water. I have shift on the fly and when I put the truck back into 2wd the 4wd light kept blinking and it stayed in 4hi. I then put the truck in Neutral and tried going into 4-lo then to 4-hi and finally to 2wd and it stayed in 4-lo. I need immediate help, does anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I might be mistaken, but there is a servo that operates a lever on the side of the transfer case. Get under it and move the lever by hand. It will be the only lever on the side of the transfer case.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: Truck was in the transmission shop for the last week and $1,000.00 later it is still not fixed. They have narrowed it down to an electrical problem. They replaced the 4wd motor and tore the t-case apart thinking there was something jammed. The truck is still flashing 4-lo. The only changes I have made recently is installing '08 seats since my truck was rigged together with '07 seats. Has anyone heard of the transfer case wiring going through the seats?? I'm in desperate need of help, I didn't initially take it to the dealer because of my tuner and exhaust....

·
Registered
69 Posts
I dont know if you did it the right way, but you need to be in neutral and you need to hold the break for a couple of second if you want to get it out of lo

·
Registered
192 Posts
yea the shift on the fly is for the 4hi only. there is no need to put these new truck in reverse to engage the 4low but, def put in nuetral.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts